Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
221 - 240 of 361 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
I hope you hear relieving news on your visit. Best of luck.
KBuilt thank you so much for the wishes brother. It means so much. On a serious note, You and Markus are the only people that know besides my parents, niece, and daughter. Thank you again brother in Honda, You know how important it all is to me.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,993 Posts
KBuilt you are a trip. In fact I do have a small area of the house dedicated to oem parts. I wanted to say sorry to you for not thanking you for your most recent compliment on the build progress. I have been distracted mentally since a little over a week ago I discovered a abnormal growth in my sinus cavity. It is about 1" in length and 1/2" in width and I am going to see a doctor this week about it. It seems I can't win for trying and it is always some weird shit happening with my health.

So away from the gloomy stuff lol... I followed your lead and ordered (5) oem exhaust manifold studs and lock nuts. They came in the mail today. I have two separate orders coming from the oem parts substance dealer that can't hurry up enough lol... They are seriously holding up progress on the engine bay and my deadline to install the engine and transmission.

From AFHkparts.com I ordered (4 qty.) JDM HAMP RTA Honda Oil Filters @ $6.99 each. The shipping was $26.02 making the total $53.98, which is not bad for a performance oil filter that increases oil pressure by 5psi and they have a built in check valve system that adjusts as the filter wears. Mugen oil filters are $30 each which is too high for me.

This past week I have laid off the build and just spent as much one on one daughter time that I could. She just left a few hours ago to spend the next week with her mother, so I am going to jump back into the build tomorrow to keep my head busy.

I am putting in an order to Summit Racing my other parts substance dealer lol...

-- Vibrant Performance #11191 Billet Al -10AN Black anodized check valve (for the oil filter relocation return line in case the HAMP oil filter's built in check valve should fail to operate 100%) $41.95

-- Vibrant Performance #10734 -10AN, 90 degree AN to AN fitting (connects to the Blox oil filter block off plate, then the #11191 check valve connects to this fitting, then a -10AN swivel hose end fitting to the check valve) $19.95

-- Earl's Performance #997112ERL -12AN Al weld-in make fitting (for my surge/swirl tank) $13.95

-- Design Engineering #DEI 010420 Heat sleeve 1.5" dia x 36" length (to insulate my oil filter relocation supply & return oil lines) $24.99

I love to shop with Summit because any order over $100 is free shipping. To me that is like getting a free item or free fitting if my order is at $75 because shipping on $75 would be more than $100. I have ordered from them so much they give me 2-3 day shipping regardless if I do the cheapest ground shipping rate.
No need to apologize to me for anything , life happens every day. I hope you were able to enjoy the time with your daughter and that your medical situation improves ASAP ! Im Using the oem s2k oil filter on my motor , but I may swap to the hamp instead. Nice going on the studs, you now have endless install and removal possibilities with the cylinder head 😆

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
No need to apologize to me for anything , life happens every day. I hope you were able to enjoy the time with your daughter and that your medical situation improves ASAP ! Im Using the oem s2k oil filter on my motor , but I may swap to the hamp instead. Nice going on the studs, you now have endless install and removal possibilities with the cylinder head 😆
I have the oem intake manifold studs for replacement as well.

I was reading on the S2K filters and they are another great oem option. Since the DC5 is not a daily driver I figured four HAMP filters will carry me for some time. I will run AMSOIL like always and want to run a better grade than previous.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,013 Posts
I am sorry for missing your messages @Them Witches. We took some days off.

Monday I will find out the exact rush date of the doctor's appointment
Oh sorry to read about the health news. How was the appointment and analysis? Man, you are one of the bravest guys I know standing that much load under your shoulders and still keep your focus on track, managing all these daily stuff while pain in the body is slowing down.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
I am sorry for missing your messages @Them Witches. We took some days off.

Oh sorry to read about the health news. How was the appointment and analysis? Man, you are one of the bravest guys I know standing that much load under your shoulders and still keep your focus on track, managing all these daily stuff while pain in the body is slowing down.
Hey thanks Markus. The appointment got moved to Sept. 2nd so at least it is going to happen. I am doing my best with what I have. I credit mental strength to dealing with heart disease and having fused ankles for over a decade. It took years to develop my mind to not let things bother me, to get used to the sedative effects of the medications, and let other's shortcomings effect me. It has helped to have facts pushed in my face. I either allow things to jack my heart rate up and blood pressure that will land me into a heart attack - or I overcome. Just like with chronic pain just to walk, I find a way to adapt to a schedule that works for me and use a cane. Why do I drive a manual for fun? It is exercise lol and a Honda's rpm range is rewarding to bang out three gears. The worries disappear... Through it all it is best to remember someone has it worse than me.

Getting involved with K20a.org is an important part of my day. I don't have a full time job anymore, so I need something to do with my time. The car build helps with that too. Most importantly raising my daughter to grow up like me in a way is very rewarding. It will be special to see her learning to drive a awesome DC5 that is all about racing business. Especially a DC5 that has a ton of brand new parts and is reliable. Thanks for the kind words Markus, it means alot.

Gabriel

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 · (Edited)
I just order a few more parts. I am approaching the end of the parts I must have to complete the build correctly IMO. I found out that Vibrant Performance has discontinued their billet aluminum flapper check valves that claim to work to 300psi. They have had failures on them at 50psi on fuel and oil. This is a huge problem for both systems, the oil pressure cannot be compromised. For some reasons I was delaying myself on this last order, and this is why - I almost bought a check valve from them for my oil relocation kit. Glad I caught the issues they have. So I spent the big bucks and bought one of the best oil check valves on the market - Earl's Performance $116.00 good to 1250psi constructed completely different than Vibrant's rubber flapper. I am a loyal Vibrant customer, just not on high pressure check valves.

-- Hybrid Racing Silicone Oil Cooler Hoses $29 (HYB-OCH-01-05). The old oem ones are struggling.

-- PLM Racing Precision Works Rear Subframe Hard Collar Kit (PW-SUBFRAME-COLLAR-DC5- REAR) $90 on sale

From Summit Racing , I love that free shipping lol... I ordered the rest of the oil filter relocation fittings. These are important to get right, I am not a fan of hose clamps on oil lines.

-- Earl's Performance -10AN Ultra Pro Hinge Type Check Valve. Red. Male Thread In/Out (EAR-253010ERL) ** The internal & external construction is Stainless Steel and is 1250psi rated. Not made of typically used synthetic rubber seals that fail over time and lose their original shape. This will allow the flapper to become dislodged and block the flow of the check valve almost completely or reduce psi from 60psi to 2-5psi. The internal flapper is made from modern durable elastomers not effected by fuels or oils.
  • Motor vehicles: Some elastomers like thermoset doesn’t melt easily, making it efficient in building seals, tyres various components throughout the automobile design. Especially those components which will be exposed to heat during the functioning. The material of the type polybutadiene offers extraordinary wear resistance hence they are preferable in building tires. They retain the shape and if the change shape from heat the return to shape after cooling.
-- Earl's Performance -12AN Aluminum Male Weld Bung (EAR-997112ERL)

-- Russel -10AN female straight hose end (RUS-610045)

-- Vibrant Performance -10AN female 90 degree union (VPE-10734)

-- Vibrant Performance -10AN female 90 degree hose end (VPE-21910)

-- Zycor - Porsche Grey High Temp Paint 13oz spray can (ZYC-16013) I want to use this for the exhaust piping after the header as far as it will take it to reduce the heat under the shifter box tunnel. The sound proofing in that area bubbles from the heat. This is some of the best stuff on the market, it is basically ceramic coating in a can.

Like I said I am approaching the end of parts to buy and I am extending on my theme of all AN plumbing for the build. I have black braided, black/red braided, and SS braided hosing. The fittings are mostly black, a couple are zinc plated. Extreme yes, beautiful yes, worth it absolutely yes and extremely reliable an will not fail under duration racing.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
Today's goals are :

-- continue installing studs for the intake manifold
-- remove brake booster fitting from the RBC IM and install a banjo fitting in it's place
-- remove the engine from the engine stand
-- install the PRC flywheel & exedy clutch

If I have time I want to start the P.S. rack removal because the Mugen P.S. hard rack bushings are due today

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
Product Automotive tire Goggles Font Sunglasses

Mugen Hard P.S. Rack Bushings DC5

Fresh from rhdjapan.com . Kingmotorsports said they were unavailable and discontinued.

Unlike the OEM bushings that can be squeezed like a bread. These cannot be squeezed at all.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Hybrid Racing Heavy Duty Detent Shifter Springs

I love how they sent 3 cool stickers with them. Now if I can get David to find one of his amigos to let go of a used Hybrid Racing 70mm throttle body. He said they are tossing around the idea of bringing those back. It is just that they cost so much to make and having to sell them for what they need to seems unjust to the customer. Shoot, I will buy one even if they cost upwards of $600. J's Racing and Spoon sell a OEM bored TB for $1,000 plus just like a $150 Maxbore TB.
Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Product

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 · (Edited)
Speed Star Racing (SSR) header. The rsxstore.com sells this header via special contract with Speed Star, which does not offer the header on their site. $750

Wood Sculpture Automotive design Auto part Metal

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 · (Edited)
I found a company MTEC Industries that carries four different versions of K20/K24 Shifter Springs. I picked up the Race Version with a pivot ball. They have a different design than Hybrid Racing has.

@KBuilt I had to get my OEM parts fix lol... I am restoring important parts that I need to last another 20-30 years.
Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
53501-S5D-A00​
Grommet, Steering P.S. Rack​
$5.71​
1​
$5.71​
51306-S6M-A51​
Bush, Stabilizer Holder rear sway bar​
$6.53​
2​
$13.06​
52306-S6M-A62​
Bush, Stabilizer Holder front sway bar​
$7.73​
2​
$15.46​
52387-S5A-000​
Bolt, Trailing Arm Adjust Rear​
$6.19​
2​
$12.38​
52388-SNA-003​
Plate, Cam Rear trailing arm​
$3.43​
2​
$6.86​
90395-SNA-003​
Nut, Lock Flange (Clinch) rear trailing arm​
$1.18​
2​
$2.36​
45240-SA7-003​
Bolt, Flange (8X22) Front brake caliper​
$6.25​
4​
$25.00​
90107-SM4-000​
Bolt, Caliper Mounting (12X21) Rear caliper mount​
$1.00​
4​
$4.00​
90103-SN7-003​
Bolt, Flange (10X25) Rear brake caliper​
$5.35​
4​
$21.40​

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
Next weekend you guys are going to see 1st class aluminum welds on some of my parts. My good buddy has a $10,000 Miller welder and can weld the horizon to the ocean lol...

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,993 Posts
I found a company MTEC Industries that carries four different versions of K20/K24 Shifter Springs. I picked up the Race Version with a pivot ball. They have a different design than Hybrid Racing has.
View attachment 105323

@KBuilt I had to get my OEM parts fix lol... I am restoring important parts that I need to last another 20-30 years.
Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
53501-S5D-A00​
Grommet, Steering P.S. Rack​
$5.71​
1​
$5.71​
51306-S6M-A51​
Bush, Stabilizer Holder rear sway bar​
$6.53​
2​
$13.06​
52306-S6M-A62​
Bush, Stabilizer Holder front sway bar​
$7.73​
2​
$15.46​
52387-S5A-000​
Bolt, Trailing Arm Adjust Rear​
$6.19​
2​
$12.38​
52388-SNA-003​
Plate, Cam Rear trailing arm​
$3.43​
2​
$6.86​
90395-SNA-003​
Nut, Lock Flange (Clinch) rear trailing arm​
$1.18​
2​
$2.36​
45240-SA7-003​
Bolt, Flange (8X22) Front brake caliper​
$6.25​
4​
$25.00​
90107-SM4-000​
Bolt, Caliper Mounting (12X21) Rear caliper mount​
$1.00​
4​
$4.00​
90103-SN7-003​
Bolt, Flange (10X25) Rear brake caliper​
$5.35​
4​
$21.40​
Saving part #s that I can lol. Those mtec springs look nice I probably will grab a set for when I take the swap out

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Saving part #s that I can lol. Those mtec springs look nice I probably will grab a set for when I take the swap out
I can send you a itemized list of all the oem part numbers I have purchased and their description. I don't mind helping a fellow brother.

I am selling Hardrace sway bar bushings brand new. Before I put them in sale post, you can get them.

-- # 6266 Honda EK/SI/Type R front 26mm
-- # 6911 Civic FD/Type R/JDM rear 21mm
-- # 7323 DC2 Acura Interga JDM Type R front 25mm

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,993 Posts
I can send you a itemized list of all the oem part numbers I have purchased and their description. I don't mind helping a fellow brother.

I am selling Hardrace sway bar bushings brand new. Before I put them in sale post, you can get them.

-- # 6266 Honda EK/SI/Type R front 26mm
-- # 6911 Civic FD/Type R/JDM rear 21mm
-- # 7323 DC2 Acura Interga JDM Type R front 25mm
Lol I already saved your long list of oem engine parts from the beginning of this build thread 😂 my checklist of things to order for my new/spare engine. I am eyeballing a tsx crank from a machine shop that is within spec and cleaned for $380 and then I could start really putting effort into my 24/20 longblock

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,993 Posts
Lol I already saved your long list of oem engine parts from the beginning of this build thread 😂 my checklist of things to order for my new/spare engine. I am eyeballing a tsx crank from a machine shop that is within spec and cleaned for $380 and then I could start really putting effort into my 24/20 longblock
I’ve told myself if I found a good k20 crank before a 24 I would build my z1 block instead with the tsx head ported. Then put the z1 head on my k24a

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
I’ve told myself if I found a good k20 crank before a 24 I would build my z1 block instead with the tsx head ported. Then put the z1 head on my k24a
that is a killer idea. i really want you to do this build. i have alot of extra oem parts still in bags that you may need. i will put together a list of what i am not going to save and let you check it out. i know your a family man like me so we can save you some money and eliminate shipping and taxs and wait times for stuff

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,993 Posts
that is a killer idea. i really want you to do this build. i have alot of extra oem parts still in bags that you may need. i will put together a list of what i am not going to save and let you check it out. i know your a family man like me so we can save you some money and eliminate shipping and taxs and wait times for stuff
Thanks dude ! Oem stuff is like gold right now 😅 and everywhere I turn my pockets are tempted towards empty but I’ve been holding fast and sticking to my savings plan while still maintaining a some level of regular purchases 😎

221 - 240 of 361 Posts