Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question about the axle setup for the k20a swap into an eg...the hasport axles are made to fit with all stock eg brake and suspension set up right?...well what if i wanted to do 98 itr 5 lug conversion...what would i have to do to run that set up with a k20a...what axles should a use...please respond with any kind of help...

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
non vtec said:
I hear that alot of Hasport axles break, Just what I hear not sure if there is much truth in it... I run A DC5R axle and a DC2R axle.... I havent broken any axles yet..
yup i broke this past weekend at the battle. fucking sucks. so you just run the dc2 shaft and outter hub with the rsx inner hub?

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
iwantak20aEG said:
i have a question about the axle setup for the k20a swap into an eg...the hasport axles are made to fit with all stock eg brake and suspension set up right?...well what if i wanted to do 98 itr 5 lug conversion...what would i have to do to run that set up with a k20a...what axles should a use...please respond with any kind of help...
NO you dont have to change anything.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yip on oneside I run the DC2R outer and axle and on the other side I run the DC5R axle with a DC2R outer.. Works mint, but that might be a part of my motor placement.. I know Hondata run EP3 axles.. There are a ton of different length honda axles available, at least if you snap a stock axle they are really cheap to replace, but they are still rated for 300-400whp, But in saying that I have seen a Full-bodied DC2 Integra run a 9.88 @ 147mph run stock DC2R axles with around 1000hp

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
non vtec said:
Yip on oneside I run the DC2R outer and axle and on the other side I run the DC5R axle with a DC2R outer.. Works mint, but that might be a part of my motor placement.. I know Hondata run EP3 axles.. There are a ton of different length honda axles available, at least if you snap a stock axle they are really cheap to replace, but they are still rated for 300-400whp, But in saying that I have seen a Full-bodied DC2 Integra run a 9.88 @ 147mph run stock DC2R axles with around 1000hp
yeah your car is really light too though. prob same with the dc2 that goes 9s. weight has a big affect on axle strain. ill have to find some and try them out.

·
Registered
145 Posts
my ek is 5lug and ive been using hasport axles for 6 months with no prob yet, my axles sit alot diff than eg ones though, i tried bseries driverside and it kept popping out, and the other side made from rsx axle kept snapping..

·
Registered
565 Posts
Whe the DC2 ran its first 9's on stock axles it weighed in at around 2300lb's, I accept the part with my car might be the weight but even still, I have destroyed the factory LSD on launch's I thought the axles would have gone before that... Its just a thought though, Stock Honda axles are alot cheaper if they dont break, I'd use them....

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
non vtec said:
Whe the DC2 ran its first 9's on stock axles it weighed in at around 2300lb's, I accept the part with my car might be the weight but even still, I have destroyed the factory LSD on launch's I thought the axles would have gone before that... Its just a thought though, Stock Honda axles are alot cheaper if they dont break, I'd use them....
yeah for sure, i need to find a set, and try them out. i hear by welding the spindle on the hub of the axle, it holds really well. im sure after a while there will be some good axles out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.