Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am need of a little info on whether you can use an OEM UKDM EP3 TYPE R axle on a UKDM DC2 TYPE R K-swap or would i need to split the axles to make them work.

hope someone can help

thanks

Chris

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
do u kno the spindle size?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the UKDM EP3 type-r axles are 32mm but in another axle thread on here they were stated as being 36mm. Can anyone confirm?

Been in touch with Hybrid - their new generation mounts mean that you can use stock ep3 axles in a eg/dc2 chassis without having to swap inners/outers etc. I told [email protected] what my setup is and he said the ep3 axles will work so I assume the stock UKDM EP3-R axles are 32mm.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found out that i got my wires crossed with the new mounts from hybrid, well kind of. Basically the base model EP3 axles will fit perfectly but the type R axles wont as they are 36mm outer.

Does this now mean that any axles from a 2001 onwards EP3 fit as they should technically have 32mm outers.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
if the hybrid mounts let you use those axles straight up then yes any that is 32mm. dont know specifically wut years are wut.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me and my mate where discussing issues about the axles and he made a valid point that if i was to use OEM base axles from say a 1.6 EP3 i would then be putting say over 300hp through axles that has been designed for a lower speck car which has say only 100hp would this not just spell dissaster and a waste of money.

Is it possible to swap the outer hub on the k-series EP3 Type R hub for a b-series UK ITR DC2 so that it would suit the 36mm spline on the 5 stud hub.

I have put a shit drawing to show what i mean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts