Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Axles

Will type S axles work with DC2 type R outers, is there a list of factory mix and match axles that can be used for a K20A2 into an EG anywhere? Any help would be appreciated, suggestions etc..

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
thats exactly what im going to be running... i got my RSX axles (doesnt have to be type-s,but make sure its manual tranny, even EP3 should work theoretically) off clubrsx a while back, and the B-series axles are everywhere (got them with my car)... and the H22 axle got from a local JDM engine shop for a cool $50 cnd (~40usd right now:p)... im sure you could cut a deal at any JDM shop for some b-series outers too, just get some with blown innners (if that even exists, its always the damn outters that go :()

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a set of type s axels and type r outers so I guess all i need is the prelude passenger drive shaft, right? anyone know where to get a tsx header, do I need the lower half or can I just custom make the downpipe with the rest of my exhaust?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
LCDC5 said:
I have a set of type s axels and type r outers so I guess all i need is the prelude passenger drive shaft, right? anyone know where to get a tsx header, do I need the lower half or can I just custom make the downpipe with the rest of my exhaust?
you can do whatever you want for a header, depends how much a shop will charge you...

i'd probably just get top and bottom, i picked up a ceramic coated DC TSX header off ebay a while back for like 300CND, mad deal

just shop around for local DC or Comptech dealers for TSX header... you can just get the OEM one instead if you want

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
nikos said:
I believe there is some misunderstading...

The axles for EG, you only need rsx and bseries axles. A single Prelude shaft might work as well but you really need prelude/rsx/bseries for the EK.
seriously? ill chek it out and then report back when its all said and done

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.