Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get an axel repaired?

The boot tore, and it's slowly warn itself out, get the old clicking while driving now, i new it was happening but too busy to care :p

its a crx/b16a hasport axel i believe... can i bring it down to PepBoys, or Autozone or somewhere to be repaired? i remember hearing you can get axels repaired or replaced for fairly chearp <$100 , rather than calling hasport and spending 2x that for 1 :( - i did that once before when i repalced the other side :wow:

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll tell you man, i tried fixing an axel once before, and good god it was frustrating, i think i just didn't have the right tools, but it drove me mad. the clip for the boot, i serously couldn't figure out how to use the tool i got for it and tighten the clip.

its the driver side axel, both boots are torn, i think the engine side is the worst though. i still have some CV joint grease around the garage i think. maybe i'll give it another shot, i'll take it apart tonight and see how bad it looks or what the issues is.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The inner came out when I yanked the axel last night.

I wasn't sure which part of the axel does the wearing. the bearings on the end of the tri-pod? or if the tripod it self was damaged.

i'm curious if replacing the boots and greasing it up, will solve my problem.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Damn! If I could only remember the number for it at Autozone.. I have lifetime warranty on DA axles that you use for this swap with it.....

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
No.. Im talking about free axles all day every day...

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
When I had my GSR in my Crx, I never paid for axles..... had lifetime warranty.. Would just replace it if it broke..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts