1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here is some more

Welded center clutches+4wheel burnout = ........a bunch of broken shit... lol

Smoked a pinion shaft at first.... then soon after lol Custom ground gears

So finally after all the BS :fdat: got me a piece of nice steel..

Stay tuned. :fkya:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Dumb song ruins the video. When are people going to realize that no one wants to hear shitty music in car videos? I wanna hear the motor, the exhaust, the tires getting shredded, etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a little overwhelming.... Keep in mind this is a rushed video everyone kept nagging me for. Will make sure the next one is better for sure as soon as the wagon diff is up and kicking.

·
Registered
703 Posts
It was a little overwhelming.... Keep in mind this is a rushed video everyone kept nagging me for. Will make sure the next one is better for sure as soon as the wagon diff is up and kicking.
No music next time, just the car being beaten to hell lol

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
That 2nd gear ratio is killing it.... But good work nonetheless... :up:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That was slow shift lol and only 10 psi... 3rd is actually a little gay right now but 2nd is beast on 19 psi... Even from a 40 roll at 6k rpm in 2nd break boosted its insane... Will come out on any rwd close power car... Once its tuned on 23-25psi i am sure the gear ratio will be okay.. Just want a little under 600hp to be okay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi.great to see this. i am just starting to build an ep3 with 4wd.not awd. i intend to use the bmw 120d rear as it is 2.56, i also intend to either have a new pair of gears made for the tranny to alter the front from 2.54 to 2.56 or maybe try to get away with a viscious coupling on the prop. the fab work is easy for me so no issues there and a blown k20 running 500ish shpuld be powerful enough. if you use that rear diff how will it match your transfer ratio.just curious..

shaun uk

here,s what i am currently selling.lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
forgot to ask. has the gearing altered using the crv set up. i mean the ep3 is 4k @ 80mph would it still be the same. i intend to use the k series 2007 2.2cdti 6 speed tranny. i suspect being an oil burner it would be geared taller say 2600 @ 80mph. or it could just be that the crv uses taller tyres..lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You could use tires a couple or a few sizes wider in the back. That would solve your issue. Front CRV gear ratio is like base modef Rsx i think a little taller.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Might need a custom mount and adapter plate for the gearbox, the 2.2 diesel is an N series, not a K, so different block.

Think you can use KPro to switch between high and low frequency VSS inputs at least, as i think most 8th gens run a high frequency signal, and the 7th g is low frequency: http://www.hondata.com/techk20transmissions.html

Awesome projects anyway :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
ta 57 trim will check.

so the speedometer is electric?. could i pull the drive from the ep3 box and fit it to the crv box while its apart.
also if i went 2.0cdti 6 speed would that be a k20 block?.

ta guys

·
Registered
240 Posts
The generation thing was more Civic related, sorry for the confusion there!

The 57 plate CRV VSS still appears to read from 3rd gear rather than the final drive.
If you were using KPro i think it says somewhere in that link that it allows you to swap between high and low frequency signals but you have to match the components in the system to make the gauges function.

Sure i have seen it is possible to swap VSS sensors/locations in the gearbox casing, but it it could be a bit of work.
The guy at Performancetek in the UK put an N22 engine (and i'm guessing gearbox) into a 6th gen Civic hatch, so i am sure it would be possible to do something!

N22 block differs from the K series, but not sure how much in terms of swapping gearboxes between the two motor types.

Not much help i'm afraid, know a couple of bits because i was looking into using newer Civic parts to get round ECU issues with my 54 plate Civic Type S, at least it may give you some ideas.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts