Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,760 Posts
im running star specs, love them. havent tried the re-11's yet. i heard they are better than the re01r's??? but dont know. those 2 get my vote.

· Registered
2,760 Posts
the majority said star specs. but if you are sold on the hankooks then get it. cant change a mind thats already made up. :silly: its like asking for advice and not taking it. lol. :p

· Registered
2,760 Posts
im just going to throw this out. the 205/50/16 like the one i have is ALOT wider than regular tires. fyi, used it for auto-x and i had a bit of rubbing issues already. my car isnt slammed either. -2.5 and -1.5 camber f/r respectively. car picture can be found in "put face to car " or wutever. put the same rim/tire on my friends eg, and it was non stop rubbing. so the 225's you are looking to get will definitely rub and you will most likely have to roll the fenders.

· Registered
2,760 Posts
i posted mine up in my post. did pretty well. right up there with the cars running kumho v710's and hoosier a6's...

· Registered
2,760 Posts
I can only confirm what others have said about the 615's. However, I just got back from a Seat-Time event at Roebling and I have 215/45/R16 on my DC2 and they held up amazing. The boast a 180 treadwear, which is a little less than the 615's but so much more traction. Very perdictable tire. I've got about 10k on them mostly spirited street driving a 4 days of abuse at Deal's Gap and about 120min of track time on them and not quite to the wear bars! Only about $94 each for my size.

I am definatley in for more info on the other tires!!
wut were u running? giving info on tires but not telling people what they were is pointless.

· Registered
2,760 Posts
RA1's

they are their grippiest right before they are chorded. So that means when you buy them new, they get better and better and better:up:
nice. i dont know if thats good or scary.

· Registered
2,760 Posts
ive seen alot of the spec porsches run r888's and other cars run ra1's I guess it depends on the setup of the course?

· Registered
2,760 Posts
wuts the purpose of swinging out the back end? im always faster when my rear trails the front, kicking it out seemed to make me spin. i guess its how people prefer things?

· Registered
2,760 Posts
hmmm good info, im a newbie. Still learning, the ever changing setup is not helping me get used to the car either.

Theres a guy in my class that runs nt01's and he does extremely well. but thats auto-x. iuno about road race... yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.