Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
yes. need the flex plate, auto bolts and it should bolt on. you may need to remove the pilot bushing/bearing out of the crank though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I can't speak for the 8th gens, but slap-shift in the RSX is a blast, especially when mated to k24 :D

I used to be a die-hard manual trans only kind of guy, but due to an injury I can no longer partake joyously, so as far as slush boxes go, the MRMA takes the cake IMO.

·
Registered
393 Posts
you can get a civic gls auto trans for it which is also a k20 driven car. i guess you could use an accord auto trans also. depends on the market which options will be best for you. are you in asia N america europe or other. i think you also need an auto ecu for it to work properly. good luck. there has been a thread floating around now and then about a new quaife trans. its expensive but performance oriented if that is what you want instead of just a plain auto.

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
nice info. i have a left ankle fusion and struggle to push a clutch, sucks bad. this would be nice for me

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
I can't speak for the 8th gens, but slap-shift in the RSX is a blast, especially when mated to k24 :D

I used to be a die-hard manual trans only kind of guy, but due to an injury I can no longer partake joyously, so as far as slush boxes go, the MRMA takes the cake IMO.
I feel you on the injury deal and having to clutch it. I have become handicap over the past four years due to my shear weight. I have had a left ankle fusion 2 years ago. My right ankle needs the fusion surgery as well, buy I have had to do one foot at a time. Three months ago I opened a tall tool storage box and a 45lb Betsy Clamp fell on my left foot above the steel toe. It fractured the 2nd metatarsal bone up from the pinky toe. I was not able to treat it due to my job, married head of household. 3 kids, youngest 3. So it will have to be re-broke and set the same time I do the right ankle fusion.

I have a 92 EG hatch. It was running a K20a2, KPRO, bolt-ons, fully gutted with additional weight reductions, stitch welded chassis. I am slowly re-building it and getting a custom K20 NA running with full roll cage.

I mean I would like paddle shifting. If I cannot tune the swap due to the auto tranny, I will clutch it with a Exedy stage 1 . That is the easiest clutch to use in the world. The stage 2 Exedy is not that much stiffer. I would not be able to drive the car for very long though. So I would most likely build a nice engine since I will want the most for my limited time. At that point I wil;l swap to the passenger seat and teach my 18 year old to drive road course here in VA at VIR.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day everyone
I am looking to build a project with two K series motors and automatic transmissions
What is the best transmission to use that would take the most power and have an LSD if possible

PS: Transmissions would be replaced with sequential boxes later on, but what to develop the rest of the car in the mean time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.