Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody has the experience on what is required to make a atuomatic civic hatch into a manual one? What parts are required, what parts are interchangeable and what parts are upgradeable?

I appreciate your help

Thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
The passenger side frame rail mount bracket is the main difference in the mounting on B series swaps,but on K swaps,this bracket needs to be chopped off no matter the model you start with.

Youll need the 5 speed pedal assembly,clutch master cylinder and hard lines.The firewall already has a spot on it for the clutch m/c to be mounted.

Other than that,the swap will be the same.The rsx swap will require you to replace most of the parts that would be needed to convert to manual from auto.

Just as a reference,youd need these parts to swap to a manual transmission on a B or D series:
5 speed tranny w/slave cylinder
manual pedal assembly
clutch,flywheel
clutch master cylinder with bmounting brakcet and fluid lines
5 speed pass. frame rail mount bracket
5 speed mounts for tranny
5 speed ecu
wiring of reverse lights and bypass of of starter cable from auto shifter harness.

·
Registered
501 Posts
there are a couple xtra steps included in the instruction manual for karcepts shifter box that you need to do for an originally auto chassis. i installed the shifter box in my ek chassis, it is very easily explained in his instructions.

as for wiring ...k-dub on here was explaining it to me last night. on the auto shifter assembly saftey switch there are 2 thick wires which need to be cust and wired together. then there are about 8 misc smaller wires on the switch. 2 of them are for the reverse lights. k-dub couldnt remeber which 2 it was and my camera sux so all i could give him for close up shots of it were blurry pics. if anyone can take a close up clear pic of the safety switch..he will be able to point out the 2 wires that you wire to the reverse sensor on the tranny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.