Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the thread title says, are they worth the money? will I see that much of a gain from itb's if I run them in a k20 jdm itr with about 12.0 :1 to 12.7:1? i will like to run more towards 12.0:1, but anyway, will i get a lot out of it? this will be in practically a full motor build up if i decide to do it. thanks!

·
Banned
320 Posts
I don't think there is a large base of experience out there for K series ITBs, not as large as what there is for B series motors.

In general on b series motors people were able to achieve similar hp numbers with itbs and with aftermarket intake manifolds like JG or AEBS.

I think one reason for this is that most people running a regular manifold on a built motor had a good intake setup that pulled cold air, whereas the majority of people with itbs seemed to run them open, which is just sucking a lot of hot air from inside the engine bay.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i have them on my k20a and wouldn't go any other way... if you need some hit up camp1320. he's the only one that could locate a set for me.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Personally I found that getting a group of mates together and making a bulk buy was the cheapest and easiest way to get them.. I got mine through TWM directly, I think it took about 7days to freight them to NZ including getting through customs etc...
Top service in my opinion...

·
Registered
191 Posts
kmar111 said:
anyone put them on a stock jdm k20a ? how was the performncce gain?
mine made huge gains, dtr header and a k-pro, every thing else is stock.

gained from idle to red line...

·
Banned
1,180 Posts
Not to sound like an ass, but how do you know how much "gain" you've gotton from the ITB's without dynoing your car???? You need before and after charts.

I'm pretty sure it "feels" stronger but without the numbers(chart) how do you know for sure????

·
Registered
191 Posts
11248c said:
Not to sound like an ass, but how do you know how much "gain" you've gotton from the ITB's without dynoing your car???? You need before and after charts.

I'm pretty sure it "feels" stronger but without the numbers(chart) how do you know for sure????
i wouldn't say so, my air fuel ratio dropped way off the chart with the the manifold change. the fact that i have to run 15~20% more fuel alone tells me that i'm making more power. and never once when i have felt more power in my car have not gained power in my car via dyno. the spasific amount of gain isn't what i find important but the fact that there is gain.

i think track time's show gain more than dynos.

·
www.jdmyard.com
262 Posts
evilxkid said:
11248c said:

i wouldn't say so, my air fuel ratio dropped way off the chart with the the manifold change. the fact that i have to run 15~20% more fuel alone tells me that i'm making more power. and never once when i have felt more power in my car have not gained power in my car via dyno. the spasific amount of gain isn't what i find important but the fact that there is gain.

hi, how did you modify the hood to clear the ITBs? do you have any pics?

·
Banned
1,180 Posts

Well to each his own, but are you going to dyno your car anytime soon?? Also can we get some pics of your itb's??? What about clearence problems???

·
Registered
191 Posts
well the hood dosn't fit at all, i think i'm going to just cut it so the air horns and fuel rail just stick out for now. i'll post up some pics soon. i'm going to wait untill i get my head finished before i dyno it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I dont beleive that I had much of an issue with bonnet clearance.. I will get some pics later this week and if I have to cut the hood I will show some pics of how much we had to cut, but it wont be much if any...

As for not dyno-ing a car... Man your keen.. Personally I beleive my motor is worth to much not to tune it properly before driving it hard... You never know if you have a small patch in the tuning that might cause engine issues... unless you dunno it..

·
Registered
191 Posts
the only thing that would cause damage would be a lean mixture that my wide band would catch or a detonation problom that my knock sensor would catch, dyno's just tell you how much power you are makeing. when you tune your car on a dyno you still use the same tecknique of wideband and knock.... ps: i know what i'm doing too so just settle down.

sorry to get off the subject. now on with the itb debate...

·
Banned
1,180 Posts
Did you do the setup yourself???

·
Banned
1,180 Posts
cool

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.