Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Honda accord euro r brake calipers different than normal cl7/cl9 accords.. Can brake pads be bought in local motor factors...

·
Registered
452 Posts
I did a little bit of research for you so here goes.
I can tell you 100% the calipers on the CL7 Euro R (K20A) and the CL9 Type S (K24A) have the same calipers.
Now the CL7 20EL (economy K20A) is not the same as the above mentioned.
The Euro R and the Type S have bigger rotors, along with the pistons in the calipers are also significantly bigger than the economy 20EL.

Having said that, I think its safe to say the Accords with the economy engines have the smaller calipers and rotors, and the Accords with the higher performance engines have the bigger braking components.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have a K24 aswell.and they look different...
I did a comparison for the front only. After rereading your original post, I realized you didn't mention if you were talking about front or rear or both. However there are so many different models overseas. Here in North America its easier to compare, so i am just going off of diagrams and part numbers.

Having said that, what was the point of your question? Are you having trouble finding brake pads for your car? Are you trying to see if you can use another trim level of Accord's brake pads? Wouldn't mind more info to better help you out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts