Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, my question which I need a lil clearin up about is: Are both o2 sensors needed in order me to avoid a check engine light? My other question is by my understanding, the primary o2 sensor is a wideband o2. When a wideband was explained to me, I was told that the wideband simply shows how the fuel is burning and to help tune the car. Now, where I really became confused is when i received my header from hasport and noticed that it only had one hole for an o2 unlike a dc sports tsx header which had two. I know that on the stock exhaust of the k motors, the o2's are place on teh cat converter which is the reason that I am lost....Some please clear this up for me...thanx

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
2 sensors are only needed if you plan on running a stock ECU (you will have a code if only one is connected). If you plan on upgrading to a Kpro ECU you can disable the secondary sensor and bypass running the wires for the secondary sensor.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aight....So to answer my next question then: I have a hondata basic reflash ecu...is it still going to throw codes for both sensors or can I disable the secondary like the k-pro

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now I have another situation thanks to the guys from Hasport....when I received my harness I realized that I only have one plug for the 02 sensor...is that correct?

·
Registered
348 Posts
lollypopking said:
how do you go about disabling obdII to run in an obdI car if your using a stock ecu? if you do this you dont have to use the secondary ecu, right?

like hybrid said to turn off the obd2 a kpro is needed OR sending the stock ecu to hondata( which you cannot personally do yourself hondata dealer only i think) and honstly if you spend the money on the kpro you will not be dissapointed!!!! that thing is the shhhh..!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.