Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether to get that or Dannys(DTR Fab) 4-2-1 header.

Its a real nice piece, but i want to see dyno sheets of peoples cars with it that are not affiliated with the company. You know what i mean? Let me know your input as it would be very valuable. Thanks

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
R crew header is a copy of DTR header. (they look the same from the outside, not the inside) One is mass produced (Rcrew).. the other is handmade...

I know a few people that are running the rcrew header and they are happy... but from what I know the difference in price is $100-$200..

If spoon and rotas had $100-$200 difference in price, which would you buy?

Again, that is my personal opinion. If it was way cheaper, it would be a good choice. Danny from dtr wsa charging $1250 for his header but when he saw that rcrew copied the design to the T, he reduced the price to $1000.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
no prob... i did forget to mention one thing...

because th e dtr header breaks in 3 pieces, it can be converted from a 4-2-1 to a 4-1 header by buying or having someone make you an extra section

this is the dtr header that non vtec has in his car

·
Registered
33 Posts
rcrew didn't copy DTR. I know for a fact they made their own design. How many different ways are there to make a 4-2-1, stepped design header for a K20 in an EG/EK?
Anyways, here's my dyno sheet.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Ok, here's the deal. Being admin and owner of k20a.org puts me in a weird position sometimes. I do try to be objective but it is hard sometimes, especially in Rcrew's case.

I was on rcrew forum, when the owner of Rcrew posted somethin along these lines "He (danny) should never have trusted a viet thug,,, etc.. copied the header" I know I read it.. Too bad the rcrew forum got deleted so there is no proof of that now. Now that is not all.

I was contacted by a close friend of rcrew and he told me that the header is a copy of the dtr header.

On top of that, I had several people email me to tell me that the owner of rcrew told them that k20a.org:

has BS info

has ricers with K swaps

that the admin is a know it all that doesn;t know shit

and so on..

So excuse me if I am skeptical about rcrew....

My opinion is on this header is that since it is mass produced, the collector is not as good as the DTR one. Too bad we cannot look at the collector.

Nikos

·
Registered
33 Posts
well i'm just saying, i was at the shop when they were mocking up a prototype. i saw the prototype with my own eyes. i honestly don't see how mass produced automatically equals shit header. but whatever, that's your opinion.

·
Registered
51 Posts
hand made is always better, last longer and soo on

its like having a nsx made on a assembley line FUCK THAT!

a acura nsx travels from station to station in the plant each station consist of workers highly specialized in that field, from assembling interior to putting the leather on the seat, to hand assembling the motor, the car isnt even on a line its on a rotisserie peice, each person that did something to the car has to be completely satisfied before it moves the the next station.

i think you get what im saying yes a nsx has nothing to do with this

but what nikos is saying is that machines can do a good job but what built those machines?

US!

·
Registered
33 Posts
well, not that it matters cause i know you guys will just throw down some other analogy but the rcrew headers are handbuilt. sure, maybe in china, but they're handbuilt.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nikos made a good point about the collectors I havent personally taken a look at either one of the two of them but a properly built header and collector would be worth the extra cash in my opinion, after all I hate having to buy the same part twice because I find out in the future that it's less than ideal.

of course that's just me.....

·
Registered
75 Posts
taqman15 said:
$900

they got 30 in stock and ready to ship

www.rcrewracing.com

oh BTW dan said for non-k20a members, the price is only $850. so don't mention you heard this on k20a.org ;)
Are you serious???..........please tell me that he didnt directly say that lol how gay!!!!!!!!!

WOW such a great way to endorce a product dont you think?? you even posted a link to his website for him.....either your Dan himself or he's got you working as his bitch......heh heh nothing personal so dont get anal

·
Registered
254 Posts
umm, sorry guys, I'm close to both R*CREW and DTR so I'm as unbiased as one can be. this header is not a copy... due to timing of events, it could seem to be like that. but R*CREW did their own prototypes... look at the lay out. R*CREW uses the trapezoid layout which first appeared on the Honda JDM 4-1.

DTR's header was built on supertwinz's (John, who's friends with both too) EK.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.