Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found that trying to follow the spread out information on this subject very frustrating. So this is going to be my attempt to organize it.

First off what is needed:

S2000 Cluster

Wire pig tales for S2000 cluster

Modifry AP2 stock ECT converter
http://www.modifry.com/products/ect/ap2.htm

Speedohealer V4 universal
http://www.pashnit.com/

The wiring is pretty straight forward. First off label the factory EG cluster wires. You will only use the top two plugs in the diagram A and B plugs. You will also use the E plug if you have airbags.

After that I labeled the S2000 cluster. There are a lot of pins that you don't use. I just unpinned the extra pins from the plugs so there was less clutter.

Sorry the pictures are hand to see but here we go

EG
Plug A --------to----------- S2000

A1 Blue/White Seat belt indicator to B4 Blue/Red
A2 Green Trunk indicator to A12 Blue/Black
A3 Yellow Ignition Power to A1 and A9 both Yellow
A4 Yellow/Green ECT sensor to Nothing
A5 Black Ground to A17 and A18 both black
also to A16 Red/Blue
A6 Green/Orange Check Engine Light to B28 Green/Orange
A7 Blank
A8 Antilock Brakes----------------------Do not have it------------------------
A9 Green/Red Brake Indicator to B23 Green/white
A10 Red/Green High Beam Indicator to A15 Red/White

EG
Plug B------------to------- S2000

B1 Yellow/White Fuel Sender to B10 Yellow/Black
B2 Yellow/Blue Vss to Speedohealer
B3 Green/Yellow Right turn to B30 Green/Yellow
B4 Green/Blue Left turn to B29 Green/Red
B5 White/Blue Battery Light to B26 White/Blue
B6 Yellow/Red Oil Press. Ind. to B27 Yellow/Red
B7 Blank
B8 Blue Tach to B3 Blue
B9 Blank
B10 Black/Yellow SRS fused Ignition to Nothing
B11 Red/Black Parking Lights to A8 Red/Black
B12 Red Dimmer to Nothing

EG-------------to-------- S2000
Plug E

E5 Blue SRS Indicator to B19 Pink

---------------------------------Modifry ECT to a PRC Ecu-------------------------

Modifry Unit

White to B8 on PRC computer Red/White
Green to B5 on S2000 cluster Yellow/Green
Yellow to A20 on PRC computer Yellow/Blue
Brown to Ground
Gray to Alarm (not used)
Black to Ground

---------------------------------Speedohealer--------------------------------------

Speedohealer

Red to Ignition Power A3 on EG cluster
Black to Ground
Green to B7 Blue/White on S2000 cluster
White to B2 on EG cluster plugs

---------------------------------Other Notes----------------------------------------

Connect A3 and A10 both White/Red on S2000 cluster to a hot all the time 12V source. You will have to find one I used the hot wire at the clock in the dash just because it was right there.

You also have to connect B20 Blue/Red on the S2000 cluster to ground to turn off the ABS light.

This cluster completely works in my car so all wires are tested and verified. The only problem I see is if I typed something wrong.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed my fuel gauge was not very accurate today so I looked up the sending unit specs. Here is what I got.

S2000
Float Position------------Full------------1/2------------low------------Empty
Resistance--------------11-13----------52-58---------114-120--------130-132
Ohms

Honda Civic DX
Float Position----------Full-----------------Half-------------------Empty
Resistance-----------2-5--------------------25-39-----------------105-110
Ohms

I added a 25 ohm resistor inline to the sending unit and it brought the gauge to a more accurate reading. As you can see by the numbers you can not get it perfect but 25 ohms (actually I was at 23.5 didn't have a 25 ohm resistor so I had to make one) gets it close.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Where are you getting the trim to fill in the gaps the cluster leaves behind? Whats the big difference between the AP1 cluster and the AP2 besides looks? Are they both the same difficulty to swap? I see alot of AP2 swaps!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
so would this be the same for ek....does anyone have the wiring diagram for the ek plugs....i am going to be doing this real soon since i dont have a tack in my stock ek cluster....

and do you need the modifry and the speedohealer for a k20 .....

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
so would this be the same for ek....does anyone have the wiring diagram for the ek plugs....i am going to be doing this real soon since i dont have a tack in my stock ek cluster....

and do you need the modifry and the speedohealer for a k20 .....

i just did it on my ek as well, like yesterday :)
nice write up kjmride

oh yea, i did notice my fuel gauge acting wierd like it moves a few bars back and forth on accel and decel, not a lot but i do notice it. Yesterday i installed my speedohealer i noticed my fuel reads empty :( i have to check for a lose connection.

I made a subharness for my conversion.
thanks again for sharing your info kjmride it hopefully can help me figure out my fuel gauge gremlins.

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
Thanks 98luder for pointing me to this post! :D I've been wondering about the resistor. So, does it ever show full with the 25 ohm resistor?

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
i just did it on my ek as well, like yesterday :)
nice write up kjmride

oh yea, i did notice my fuel gauge acting wierd like it moves a few bars back and forth on accel and decel, not a lot but i do notice it. Yesterday i installed my speedohealer i noticed my fuel reads empty :( i have to check for a lose connection.

I made a subharness for my conversion.
thanks again for sharing your info kjmride it hopefully can help me figure out my fuel gauge gremlins.
do you have the wiring diagram for ek????....and did you hook yours up the exact way it says in this thread???

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,648 Posts
Hey guys! I made a discovery as I was figuring out the wiring... The Del Sol and EG Civic have exactly the same ICU (Integrated Control Unit) which controls the wipers as well as beeps at you if your key is left in, seatbelt unbuckled, etc. If I can find a matching male connector for the ICU, I might just wire that into my cluster instead. :D

AP2 (at least for 2004) pinouts for built in ICU in S2000 cluster:
A13 Passenger Door Switch
A14 Driver Door Switch
B04 Seat Belt Switch -
B06 Ignition Switch
B12 Intermittent/Park Wiper Control
B16 Park Input
B17 Intermittent Wiper On Input
B18 Windshield Washer On Input

1 - 20 of 91 Posts