Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
go to the forum ECU ,Tuning, Wiring and General K Series Electronics and look forthis thread s2000 Cluster help attn:TEAMPACMAN
you need a modifry unit or ect for your water temp and a speedoheler v4 for your vss (speed sensor to work ) and you need the pigtails for the ap1 cluster
View attachment 15599

View attachment 15600

View attachment 15601

Connector A ----------------------------------------------- EG harness

EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG

1 BLU/RED (Seat belt reminder) --------------------------- BLU/WHT (B10 Seatbelt Light)

4 PNK (SRS) CONNECT TO +12V power (A10 IGNTION POWER) TO TURN OFF LIGHT (or correct wire if you have it)

6 YEL (Fuse 5) ------ONLY IN CANADA-ONLY IN CANADA-------- BLK/YEL (A10 IGNITION Power)

7 GRN/RED (Left turn signal (+)) ------------------------- GRN/BLU (A4 Left Turn) WORKS

8 GRN/YEL (Right turn signal (+))------------------------- GRN/BLU (A3 RightTurn) WORKS

9 RED/WHT (High beam (+)) -------------------------------- RED/GRN (B1 Highbeam) WORKS

If positive trigger high beam Connect A10 to ground, A9 to switch. If trigger to ground, Connect A9 to Power and A10 to switch. Probably situation 1.

10 RED/BLU (High beam (-)) ------------------------------- BLK (B6 Ground)

11 BLU/BLK (Trunk indicator) ----------------------------- GRN (B9 Trunk Open) WORKS

Connector B

2 RED/YEL (Fuse 45) -------------------------------------- BLK/YEL (A10 Power)

OK, B2 doesn't seem to do ANYTHING. I guess hook it up, I'll look for more details tomorrow.

B3 is the switch between bright and dim. I would connect it to (red/black A11 Gauge Lights)

3 RED/BLK (Circuit 11 – dash and console lights (+)) ----- +12 dims the cluster, so A11 or A12, someone test and I'll edit this.

4 YEL (Fuse 5) ------------------------------------------- BLK/YEL (A10 IGNITION Power)

5 WHT/RED (Fuse 25) -------------------------------------- BLK/YEL (A10 IGNITION Power)

6 GRN (Door Pin Input ground signal) ------------------ Door Pin Switch I can't Find

8 BLK (Ground) ------------------------------------------- BLK (B6 Ground)

9 BLK (Ground) ------------------------------------------- BLK (B6 Ground)

10 RED (Circuit 12 – dash and console lights (-)) -------- BLK (B6 Ground)

Connector C

1 Wht/Blk VSS OUTPUT ------------------------------- Use to connect to regular speedo if ya want. Step down from high pulse rate to regular pulse rate.

3 BLU/WHT (Vehicle speed signal input (-)) --------------- Connect to VSS Converter

5 BLU (RPM signal input) --------------------------------- BLU (A8 Tachometer) Should Work

7 YEL/GRN (Coolant temp input) --------------------------- Connect to ECT Converter

8 YEL/BLK (Fuel gauge signal input) ---------------------- YEL/WHT (A1 Fuel Gauge) Should Work

15 BLU/YEL (Cruise control indicator (-)) ---------------- Cruise Control I can't find, Probably Red with a Blu stripe.. Maybe B3 Probably dont have cruise control :p WORKS

Connector D

8 BLU/RED (ABS indicator input) Connect to GROUND to turn off light or correct wire if you have it.

9 GRN/WHT (E-brake indicator) ---------------------------- GRN/RED (B2 Brake Light) WORKS

11 WHT/BLU (Charging system indicator (-)) --------------- WHT/BLU (A5 Charging Light) WORKS
(both batt and brake lights come on.)

12 BLK/YEL (Fuse 6) -------------------------------------- BLK/YEL (A10 IGNITION Power)

13 YEL/RED (Engine oil pressure switch input (-)) -------- YEL/RED (A6 Oil Pressure) WORKS

14 GRN/ORN (Malfunction indicator light (-)) ------------- GRN/ORG (B5 MIL Lamp) WORKS

16 WHT/RED (Fuse 25) ------------------------------------- BLK/YEL (A10 IGNITION Power)

:up::dance: good luck

· Registered
816 Posts
What i did and mines worked for months is:

Took the speedohealer and lengthened the "VSS" speed signal wire to reach the outgoing side of the VSS signal wire of the ECU. One wire is positive, one wire is ground, one is VSS conversion to cluster. Its very easy to do this VERY. if you guys want pictures i can do that if you want.

As far as setting the V.4 its a bit odd.. i had to add to the value instead of subtracting when it showed i needed to ( since the ap1 VSS sends a signal twice as fast as a k20's) < if i remember correctly..

Sorry for babbling i just woke up.. hope some of that gargle up above helps.

· Registered
1,700 Posts
Does anyone knows what's the voltage scale for the factory k-series ect sensor?

I've had the ap1 on my EG hatch since 2007 but always used a separate temp gauge never had the need to use the ap1 cluster but trying a new engine configuration & need to use the AP1 gauge.

I have the speedo healer setup for both mechanical & magnetic speed sensors I just added an extra plug to the tranny. Cause I have an ep3 & 07 si tranny. So the speedo healer works great for mph corrections.

· duct tape and zip ties
9,432 Posts
Does anyone knows what's the voltage scale for the factory k-series ect sensor?

I've had the ap1 on my EG hatch since 2007 but always used a separate temp gauge never had the need to use the ap1 cluster but trying a new engine configuration & need to use the AP1 gauge.

I have the speedo healer setup for both mechanical & magnetic speed sensors I just added an extra plug to the tranny. Cause I have an ep3 & 07 si tranny. So the speedo healer works great for mph corrections.
I was trying to figure that out a few weeks ago when I was wiring up my cluster. did you find out anything?

· Registered
1,700 Posts
I was trying to figure that out a few weeks ago when I was wiring up my cluster. did you find out anything?
the oem etc sensor scale is : 0 - 5 volts

I ordered the http://www.modifry.com ect driver because the cluster scale is 0 - 1v so it won't display anything with the factory ect sensor.

had him set it up to display

160°/ 180°/ 195°/ 205°/ 215°/ 230°

that's a voltage range around : 0.500v to 0.620v or so

and i set up K-pro to warn me at 225°. can also set up the driver to alarm you at any temp you program it to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.