Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some things are different for the k24 TSX swap in an EG chassis. I have motor and tranny so far and am going to collect the rest of the parts but need some advise as I'm sure others do. Would like to meet some people that have done the k24 TSX swap in their eg already and make this a thread for all who have the "slightly different" k24. Post up pics and info here for all of us doing the same! Help us out...thanks!!! :D :D :up:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Some things are different for the k24 TSX swap in an EG chassis. I have motor and tranny so far and am going to collect the rest of the parts but need some advise as I'm sure others do. Would like to meet some people that have done the k24 TSX swap in their eg already and make this a thread for all who have the "slightly different" k24. Post up pics and info here for all of us doing the same! Help us out...thanks!!! :D :D :up:

I havnet read of many differences.... all i can see different than a k20 is the height of the k24 and having to trim the hood reinforcments..... What different things are you referring to??? plannin on the tsx swap so I would like some more info if there are in fact differences. Same block correct so the engine moutns arenta problem. I am guessing kpro will work since the ivtec and vtc are similar. What else are you looking at besides like axles?

Edit: sorry forgot about the drive by wire piece.... the throttle body will need to be replaced since the tsx uses electrical power for throttle plates and we neeed a cable...

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just havent found a lot of people that have it completed and im wondering if there are more differences. i know that the mounts will still work and all, just want to hear how they stack up against the k20a2's and k20a's.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i just havent found a lot of people that have it completed and im wondering if there are more differences. i know that the mounts will still work and all, just want to hear how they stack up against the k20a2's and k20a's.

I haven't found much info but from what I can tell you can't get away with just trimming the hood reinforcements, but maybe you can.

Obviously you need the cabke throttle body or an aftermarket one (if there are any), and you can't use the TSX transmission from what I have read. This is all just secondhand information from my own research however. For throttle bodies I think you have to use the accord one.

Someone who's really done this needs to post

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.