Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
99% of the problems with this trans is due to the driver. you have to drive the car gently shifting under 3k rpm till shes warmed up. i have an 06 si ive owned it since 17k miles and there is 51k miles on it now.....never had any problems with the trans

· Registered
45 Posts
i did forget to add that i have twm cable bushings, twm base bushings, twm short shifter, and ALEX shift change springs which were all done shortly after buying the car. but still...ive driven many 06+si's and ive never ever had any kinda problem unless it was lazy shifting. 3rd gear does feel sloppy going in on all the ones ive driven but you just have to be sure of positive engagement before releasing the clutch. just my $.02

· Registered
45 Posts
they claim its fixed in the 08-09 but there are a lot of people that still claim they have it. like i said ive never driven one with the problem so i dont know what its all about but i know over at 8thcivic there are a lot of claims.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.