Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,752 Posts
I have a 07 SI as a daily driver. 3rd gear sucks ass seriously!!! I still havent taken the car to the dealer for the tsb!!! It doesnt fully engage sometimes and can pop out of 3rd gear! I hold it in third till it fully engages! I do hope you get the cluster to work!!

· Registered
3,752 Posts
99% of the problems with this trans is due to the driver. you have to drive the car gently shifting under 3k rpm till shes warmed up. i have an 06 si ive owned it since 17k miles and there is 51k miles on it now.....never had any problems with the trans
Thats good that you are one of the very few people with no problems!:up: But It is a huge problem in the 8th gen SI community! Dealers are fixing the problem on 06-07 SIs. I dont even race or shift crazy (its a slow car anyway) in that car I just use it as a commuter and it still has the problem.

· Registered
3,752 Posts
i did forget to add that i have twm cable bushings, twm base bushings, twm short shifter, and ALEX shift change springs which were all done shortly after buying the car. but still...ive driven many 06+si's and ive never ever had any kinda problem unless it was lazy shifting. 3rd gear does feel sloppy going in on all the ones ive driven but you just have to be sure of positive engagement before releasing the clutch. just my $.02
Yup Im running the base bushings and shifter cable bushing as well thought it would help and it didnt! I have owned 4 hondas in the last 11 years none of them sticked like this! Mine doesnt pop out like some but man its anoying when I have to force it into 3rd on normal driving. I hardly ever if ever get on the SI!!! My type S tranny is a hell of alot better than my SI tranny. I love the gear ratios in the SI no doubt but third gear is trash! I have alot of SI buddies who all have the same problem and are getting there 3rd fixed for free! They corrected this problem in the 08-09 civic SIs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.