Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has tryed this spark plugs and any success with them read about them in the dsport magazine if you dont read that i recomend it cause it tells about all the new products on the market more of a mag about parts than cars but hears the web site i think ima test em out they say they are better than NGK's and are $24 apiece
www.pulstar.com

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
in the magazine they tested it and it does make power. not significant but it does do it. they also tested different material ie, platinum, iridium and i think the iridium ones made a bit more power then the other material. dont expect like a super huge feel of gain. :cool:

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Re: anyone tryed this sparkplugs "pulstar"

I read that magazine as well something like 20,000x more powerful than a regular spark plug, burns the fuel more efficiently producing a little bit more power..

Haven't personally tried them but the theory behind them seems like it should work.
________
DODGE RAM 50 HISTORY

·
Registered
352 Posts
Do some searching on other forums boys, you will find that people are having problems with the tips breaking off and doing some pretty hefty damage. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I would just stay with the Iridiums, I have seen that the pulstars are no better than the Iridiums on the dyno personally and have heard of some self destructing, taking out the head and piston as well. I will leave them for the gullible to use.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yeah i saw one in my shop where some guy bought pulstars then pulstar came and bought this guy a new longblock.... it was amusing, its the same conversation as bosch platinum 4's or splitfire, leave them at autozone and buy denso or ngk only

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll have to say i was Skeptical, 08 Civic Si with Denso Iridium from factory with 10K miles on them. Put them in earlier today and all i have to say is wow. Either the denso's have been fried or these plugs are the bomb. It idles so much smoother and and climbs better up the RPM gauge. two thumbs up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
congratulations you just bought the worst spark plugs you possibly could hopefully they pay for your engine too, when they come apart its nasty, and honda will tell you to fist yourself if you try to get it covered under warranty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok i went and look specifically for bad reviews or anything that lead to the destruction of pistons using the pulstar and besides the few people above my first post and like (one) review from Amazon. i find nothing. Maybe when the first came out the plugs were not up to quality specs, Had them for a week now with about 250 miles, So far so good...i'm gonna knock on wood just in case. lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
well like ive said about lots of things to others in the past I tried to warn you as I have literally seen them come apart, but to each his own

·
Registered
3 Posts
Week 2....So far so good. Still running super smooth and seems to get me about 30 more miles per tank so can't complain. about 500 miles on them now.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok i got a question dont know if any of you can answer this but just wondering if i have upgraded coil packs would these spark plugs overload sense the way it works is sending multiple pulse's within a second and also what rpm are they rated at meaning will they handle high rpm and high heat

·
Registered
389 Posts
i was reading through this and was thinking to my self man this thread sounds so familiar saw the dates and remembered reading this when i first joined

1 - 19 of 19 Posts