Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...man, this thing is a PITA!

I stopped trying to extract the shifter for fear of damaging and/or breaking an important plastic piece that locks the shifter in place.

Anyone remove the shifter outta the RSX shifter box assembly successfully?

My goal is to put a Euo-R shifter into the RSX shifter box.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
import_trung said:
u need a 11mm spanner( if i remember correctly) and turn the shifter cable, it should come off. unbolt the 4 corners of the shifter, slide out the cables from the car, viola!!
Sounds like yer talking about removing the complete shifter box assembly from a vehicle. I'm talking about removing the shift lever itself, that sits inside of the box..

·
Registered
797 Posts
glad you could figure out your problem man. anyways did you get your car running yet? my buddy and I from AZ were there when you were putting it in on friday. let us know how it runs

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
k20spooner said:
glad you could figure out your problem man. anyways did you get your car running yet? my buddy and I from AZ were there when you were putting it in on friday. let us know how it runs

was that you guys hangin out by the entrance gate?

Its not in yet, tho I was prepping the engine bay and drilling the hole for the shifter cables.... hope it runs sweet tho :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.