Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know hybrid racing has an Entire K20 swap package and it sounds fairly nice but I hear such good things about the hasport mounts I dont know who to go with. I can get the entire hybrid-racing kit for $2800, or go my own root mixing parts from them and then my own for about $3200. Also, whats so great about the hondata Kpro, its an extra $1000 and is it really worth it?

Thanks in advance,
Dana

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
I have the Hybrid Racing mounts, though I have yet to start the swap, still gathering parts. I can tell you that Will and the Hybrid crew have some excellent customer service though. They get a big :up: from me.

Edit: I think the difference in getting the K-Pro depends on how far you're going to get into tuning/modding the car. If you're going to just put the K20A2/K20A into the car and run basic bolt-ons, you could probably save a bit of money using the DC5-R Ecu. If you're going to get into cams/itb's and a whole engine rebuild, than you would definately want to fine-tune the setup to keep the AFR in a good range. That's where the benefit of the K-Pro will really come into play. I picked up the K-Pro for mine :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
im running hybrid-racing mounts...havent started with the swap, still gathering parts also. Got to give it up to Will and Matt for customer service :up:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can anyone currently using these parts tell me about them. I hear about hasport all over but havent heard about these and they do have great customer service, not taking that way from them.

·
Registered
329 Posts
speaking to hybrid racing directly ... was going to pm you but I figured others would be interested. My main question is does the motor sit the same as the hasport mounts.. mainly im trying to figure out if a shaft combo can be made. Im speaking specifically about kseries inner and shaft with b series outer on both driver and passenger side????

thanks bro

hybrid racing said:
Here is a pic of an EK with hybrid mounts

Call for pricing on the Kpro with purchase of a package!

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
I have not been close enough to a car using hasport mounts to determine if it sits similar.

Given the proper length OEM axles you could piece them together. I have not been able to locate an axle that sits the tripod close enought to the center of the inner c.v.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just started my swap and I,m using hybrid mounts and wiring harness!I like the fact that all the parts come from one place :) ,but as posted before some of thier things are posted on thier web site are not ready!So you may still have mix and match like me.Side note but truehonda.com sold me a k-pro for 940 shipped.so good luck will post soon all my photo,s of my swap :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
drhonda said:
I went with hasports mounts, but i used Hybrid's wireing harness, started up first try. Although i still have a CEL code, i have yet to figure out..
Thats not good... are you just waiting to check the CEL or are you not able locate it and the OBD's arent working?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.