Future setup (not mine) :p
custom axles
spoontranny
quaiffe lsd for K
custom twin disc clutch
k20a block
je 10:1 pistons
crower rods
custom headgasket (9.2:1 overall compression)
ported/polished k20a head
custom cams
big valves
springs/retainers
sheetmetal intake manifold
4 310 rc injectors
4 550 rc injectors
2 fuel rails
ported throttle body
t4 turbo exhaust manifold
60-1 t4 ball bearing turbo
tial 46mm wastegate
skyline gtr intercooler
fluidyne radiator
slimline fan
custom piping
3" downpipe
3" thermal exhaust, no cat
haltech e6k programmable engine management
3 bar map sensor
2 msd 6a's
mitsubishi coilpacks
custom rosado racing hal sensor pick up
ngk plugs/wires
big ass fuel pump
custom fuel filter
custom fuel pressure regulator
steel braided fuel line
steel braided fuel return
greddy profec b dual stage boost controller
greddy 60mm boost gauge w/memory
greddy 60mm egt gauge w/memory
greddy turbo timer
autometer water temp gauge
autometer fuel pressure gauge
autometer volt gauge
autometer 5" tach w/ memory

Results:

8.92 at the 1/4 mile
2450 lbs, car and driver

1017 WHP
640 ft/lbs of torque

I think that would make me happy ..lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
we are currently seeing 495 to the wheels on the k20a boosted em2 swap car at 30psi. she need some major tuning :( hondata kpro will be used once they release the programs for the higher boost applications

·
Registered
929 Posts
What are the specs on the turbine used in this application?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Do you have pics??

Im just concerned about fitment as well as power produced.

On B series running 18 psi using straight T4 with .58 ex and int .70 averages 485whp using stand alone.

Now if info is correct 30psi with a T4 60-1 on a k series pushes 495 seems to be extremely low.

Do you have dyno sheets showing a/f. Im sorry to ask so many ?'s but it just seems on 30 psi with such a large turbo it should be being peaked out power should be around 600whp.

Is the motor built as in sleeved forged pistons lower compression etc...]

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
if your looking for quick boost, Jackson racing has 2 series of superchargers out right now for the K20A and the K20A2.

Not tottally sure on hp figures, but the 2 series are street and race. I hear the race one should put down some serious power!

go to www.jacksonracing.com or www.clubrsx.com to get dyno results

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is a rediculously LOW # for such a large turbo on an engine as efficent as the K series, a built B series at 28-30psi will put down over 600, also why isn't it tuned IMO that is dumb running a car with a shotty tuen on a dyno and not tunning when i build something it won't run till i get the EMS part of it down sorry this just sounds very fishy to me that something like that puts down a low # like that. Also like rich said i want pics of the fitmant and everything because i have already checked and there really isn't that much room, are you using a Log mani? built motor? more info please

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
supafly said:
Do you have pics??

Im just concerned about fitment as well as power produced.

On B series running 18 psi using straight T4 with .58 ex and int .70 averages 485whp using stand alone.

Now if info is correct 30psi with a T4 60-1 on a k series pushes 495 seems to be extremely low.

Do you have dyno sheets showing a/f. Im sorry to ask so many ?'s but it just seems on 30 psi with such a large turbo it should be being peaked out power should be around 600whp.

Is the motor built as in sleeved forged pistons lower compression etc...]

Thanks
Thats not a tuned motor.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That site answeres 0 of my questions there is no dyno sheet no GOOD pics of clearence or the turbo, Also junk that POS Deltagate just causes nothing but headaches.

·
Registered
44 Posts
look dude i am chilled there is nothing wrong with me i am not showing anger at all (at least not in my eyes) i'm and stating the facts is what i say wrong? i would like to see better pics of the setup going into the car and the turbo and the clearence issue that i see to be involved was anything relocated those kinds of things

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes the car is undertuned for sure. it was running the cybernations piggyback and a safc 2.... works kinda crappy as the numbers show....
and yes the delta gate is a POS. a Tial is currently going on. the cars at a semi-standstill, Hondata is releasing a 3 bar map for the k pro, were going to use that. i expect numbers to jump quite a bit. at the time the car was done, the cybernation setup was about the only option. ill try to see if i can find some better pics of clearance in back. nothing had to be modified, there is as much room back there on the 01+civic as a RSX has.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
TypeRWanter said:
Hmm.. If I'm not mistaken, wouldn't a K24 be a better motor to boost?

Lower compression (stock)

and Higher Displacement...
Well higher compression is more efficient.
Several k24's have different compressions.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts