Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are selling for pretty cheap on Ebay... and being that I'm looking for a flywheel for my K24a2 as one of the final pieces to my swap, I'd like to find out if anyone has used this flywheel. As my plans for going the forced induction route and staying daily driver has pretty much cancelled out any option of a lightweight flyhweel, I'd like to get one that is close to stock or a little lighter. Definitely no lighter than 12 lbs. If I'm correct the Type S flywheel is 16lbs.

Well here is some info on the F1 flywheel:

F1 RACING Chrome-Moly Flywheels are made from solid one-piece billet chrome moly steel. They are specifically designed to reduce weight and inertia for better engine response. Most incorporate special design features to enhance the air flow to improve the cooling of the clutch. The ring gear teeth are milled onto the flywheel unlike an aluminum flywheel where the ring gear is pressed onto the flywheel which has the possibilities of separating from the flywheel. This could cause the flywheel to explode due to two different expansion coefficients (aluminum flywheel pressed on steel ring gear). All F1 RACING Chrome-Moly flywheels have passed engineering tests to 15,000 rpm.

Ultra heavy-duty and weighs only 13 lbs

F1 RACING Lightweight Chrome-Moly Flywheels incorporate special design features enhance the airflow for improved clutch cooling and performance

F1 RACING Lightweight Chrome-Moly Flywheels work with every clutches including the EXEDY standard, EXEDY Racing, ACT, Clutchmasters, Centerforce and OEM clutch Kits

What are your thoughts guys?

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Yeah, I thought most "racing" flywheels were around 8-9lbs maximum.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lamphant said:
isn't 13lbs still heavy for a flywheel? what is the weight of the standard K24/20 flywheels?
13 pounds is not heavy AT ALL for a stock Honda flyhweel... stock Civic/Integra flywheels used to be anywhere from 16-19 pounds. The first Integra Type R ones weighed 14 pounds.

And if I was staying all motor than I would grab one of the lighter 8 and 9 pound flywheels, but since I'm boosting I would like a flywheel that revs a little slower and creates more exhaust pressure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
okay, well hondas come wid very heavy flywheels stock, but to me 13lbs still seem heavy, so if u were 2 use the 8/9lbs flywheel, u would probably over rev and destroy your turbocharge engine.

please explain this to me a lil further cause i still confused a lil bit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts