Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're headed over there in a month & wondered if any of you guys have "must do's"?

We will be in Germany for a week & Italy for about a week. Thinking about taking a day trip to Belgium, I LOVED it there, the last time I was there.

I will be taking the wife & kids (11 & 13), so that's a consideration.

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
We spent 10 days in Italy last June. Below are a couple of my favorite things.

We stayed in a cute little bed & breakfast in Rome run by a sweet couple (the wife moved there from Chicago to open the B&B with her husband) - The Nicolas Inn. If you don't have a place to stay in Rome yet, call Francios and Melissa - you won't be disappointed. It was 2 blocks from the Coliseum and just steps to the Roman Forum. We ate dinner at a quaint little Italian restaurant that was recommended to us by the B&B owners. We never would have found it because it was nestled up in a little alley that was a couple of blocks off the main road. It was amazing. We had spectacular pizza in a cute little corner shop for lunch. The next day we took a whirlwind tour of Vatican City, inside the Coliseum, inside the Roman Forum, the Pantheon and a few other less popular places.

Driving up to the villa we stayed at in Tuscany was also amazing. The rolling hills and beautiful landscape were breathtaking. The villa itself was also one of my favorite things. There were 23 of us in an 11 bedroom villa with a personal chef. Every night, all 23 of us sat down at one table for dinner. The food was phenomenal. There was no better way to experience the Italian countryside.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have been in Germany for the past few weeks. It's amazing over there. We stayed in Munich at a beautiful B&B not far from the main square. There are a lot of things you can see in Munich like the royal castles of the former kings, old museums, the Rathaus as well as the clock tower. You can capture some amazing views from up there. We also did some one day trips outside of Munich to visit the famous castles. It's an amazing experience. I highly advise you to do it. To be able to see places like Schleissheim Palace or Neuschwanstein Castle is a memory I will cherish because it's something you can never really describe with simple words. I was amazed. Germany in general seems like a magical country. I really love spending my time here

·
Registered
19 Posts
Italy is all about the food; pace yourselves. My favorite tip isn't a place, it's a snippet of Italian that will make you a master. Dolce misto (dol-chay mist-oh); 'mixed dessert'.

After that fabulous dinner the server will ask if you'd like dessert (like, duh!) and then probably rattle of 15 most excellent choices. That's when you ask for dolce misto. It's not always available, but if you've eaten well and have a group, ask for it. You get a little of everything, and look like a pro in the process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts