Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Anybody got info on the K15's?

3K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  cbredangel 
#1 ·
i'm ordering K10's for my setup cuz these damn skunk2's keep breaking my TCT...while i was talking to the shop owner he mentioned something about K15's....i'm assuming these are made for a motor thats revs to 15K....thats like F1 status...IPS going formula 1?:p

#6 ·
nothing really...i thought I had the inside scoop on something that's all...i wanted to be cool lol...i heard of the KXV's i thought the k15's were something different...

#4 ·
What kind of an application are KXV's for ? FI or NA?
Im looking to upgrade this year with a turbo and want to do the cams as well so want to know if I should be looking into the IPS-KT1's, KT2's or these KXV's your talking of (on their web site the KT2's page never works and the KXV isnt even listed :( )

What info do you have on them there nikos ?

#10 ·
yeah they are capable of 300+ but they are ideal for simple builds k24a with stock heads. They will work good with a nice ported head that is ported to KME spec.

I decided to offer a limited time special on IPS cams... crackhead pricing, PM me for information

#18 ·
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3263

IPS-Kme specifications:

Low Speed:

Intake
280º advertised duration
.404" gross valve lift

Exhaust
273º advertised duration
.359" gross valve lift

High Speed:

Intake
308º advertised duration
.523" gross valve lift

Exhaust
300º duration
.455" gross valve lift]

Going from skunks to KME, k10 or KXV depends on the header and head.. KME are more more stock heads and simple builds... k10 like a ported head.. KXV will make more than k10 with the right head and otehr parts...

I did see a graph once posted on here where KME made better midrange than skunk3... but it all depends..

KXV will make the most if you can get a piston to fit it.. either custom pistons with valve relief or modified piston with deeper valve reliefs...

On top of the raw gains in power that a KXV will make over a k10, there is more power to be found in a better head or a KXV spec head.. Being that the KXV is 0.5mm higher in lift than a k10, there are some things that can be done to increase the horsepower output....

So basically KME for simple builds with stock heads or motors that want to retain 50 VTC... and aroudn 12.5 compression....

or k10 for ported head on off the shelf pistons... of KXV for the best kseries all motor tuning has to offer in my opinion for a streer/race car with full vtec implementation.

Once my motor is running soon, I might take the time to illustrate some really interesting case studies.

#22 ·
fukkin with skunk2 made me broke :(...I still luv you though tony :p

update:

they just installed, will be tuned tomorrow...i have to bring the injectors since i'm changing the ones I currently have since they are too big (650cc, yea i know for what) to RDX

#25 ·
You just need to know the valve reliefs of your pistons. Most pistons run about the same intake valve relief that is not enough. Around 225 to 245. IPS has 265, 275, 285, 295 and even 305+ Every block is different. They are never zero deck and most people use whatever gaskets are in stock so a 1mm gasket that measure around 0.039 inches might not sound too much different than a 0.030 inch gasket but it does make a difference.

If you are starting out on your way to build your first or last k24 beast, I would consider making the necessary arrangements to run the KXV. The cam alone will not do the miracle. You need the best head for the kxv and best manifold to match the head along with the right header for the job. If you had access to the best stuff available and had the best people doing your motor, 370whp dynojet sae would be a realistic goal. There I said it. Haha :p

#27 ·
The same head porter often gives out different pnp heads. Now factor in different head porters and you get the point. There are all kinds of porting jobs that can be done by all kinds of people and you can never really tell what you have until you run it and you compare it. If you are not paying some engine builder to put together a motor for you, it is your rensponsibility to figure out what combination will work the best.

People normally get a k24 block, put some pistons and rods with a head and some cams and go from there. 300whp is the common target and you can get there with stock head, aggressie cams and e85 usually or other good parts. But going from 300 to 330 and beyond might require some knowledge that has been derived by serious R and D. Tapping into that information is not easy. Some people share some really good information here and there and you have to be able to ask the right questions.

I send my laptop back to DELL for repair so I can only write so much on my blackberry.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel like so many people I see are trying to do. Just see what works and use it on your motor.

#30 ·
Now i feel like my KME's are gonna be boo boo compared to the K10's or KXV's....

But like you said if you port your intake manifold and head to KME specs then they should be great!! Hmmmm....

Well For me KME's will be fine cus MONEY doesnt just walk into my Wallet!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.