Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm ordering K10's for my setup cuz these damn skunk2's keep breaking my TCT...while i was talking to the shop owner he mentioned something about K15's....i'm assuming these are made for a motor thats revs to 15K....thats like F1 status...IPS going formula 1?:p

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
KXV are not meant to rev to 15K RPM.

They will require custom valve reliefs on the pistons. What exactly do you want to know. There are around 10 sets out already.

·
Registered
371 Posts
What kind of an application are KXV's for ? FI or NA?
Im looking to upgrade this year with a turbo and want to do the cams as well so want to know if I should be looking into the IPS-KT1's, KT2's or these KXV's your talking of (on their web site the KT2's page never works and the KXV isnt even listed :( )

What info do you have on them there nikos ?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KXV are not meant to rev to 15K RPM.

They will require custom valve reliefs on the pistons. What exactly do you want to know. There are around 10 sets out already.
nothing really...i thought I had the inside scoop on something that's all...i wanted to be cool lol...i heard of the KXV's i thought the k15's were something different...

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
KXV are an all motor car, a step up from K10.. They are about 0.5mm bigger in lift along with other changes..

For turbo, there are kt1, kt2

I can dig up the specs in a few...maybe some dynos too

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
yeah they are capable of 300+ but they are ideal for simple builds k24a with stock heads. They will work good with a nice ported head that is ported to KME spec.

I decided to offer a limited time special on IPS cams... crackhead pricing, PM me for information

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
yeah they are capable of 300+ but they are ideal for simple builds k24a with stock heads. They will work good with a nice ported head that is ported to KME spec.

I decided to offer a limited time special on IPS cams... crackhead pricing, PM me for information
I aw that, but whats consider a simple build to you....I have 13.7 compression, head, ssr header...

·
Registered
373 Posts
i'm ordering K10's for my setup cuz these damn skunk2's keep breaking my TCT...while i was talking to the shop owner he mentioned something about K15's....i'm assuming these are made for a motor thats revs to 15K....thats like F1 status...IPS going formula 1?:p
just curious, what version of their cams are you running?

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
im going to go out a whim and stage stage II's. LOL

·
Registered
39,473 Posts
I aw that, but whats consider a simple build to you....I have 13.7 compression, head, ssr header...
11.7, 12.5 are simple builds and 13.7 is just fine as well. KME's are known to touch the 250 whp mark on stock tsx motors. :up:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just curious, what version of their cams are you running?
im going to go out a whim and stage stage II's. LOL
yup...

and Just got word from my shop that ron only has kme in stock....so i'm stuck with them...should make more power then the stage 2's and won't break my TCT...so i'm good...:cool:

·
Registered
373 Posts
yup...

and Just got word from my shop that ron only has kme in stock....so i'm stuck with them...should make more power then the stage 2's and won't break my TCT...so i'm good...:cool:
i assume you're running the older version of the stage 2 cams. i'm running version 3.

i haven't had any problems with my tensioner.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If we were going to upgrade from a Skunk2 stage 3 to an IPS Cam would a KME be an upgrade or would we need to think about a set of K10s? Why are there no KME specs on the IPS site?

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3263

IPS-Kme specifications:

Low Speed:

Intake
280º advertised duration
.404" gross valve lift

Exhaust
273º advertised duration
.359" gross valve lift

High Speed:

Intake
308º advertised duration
.523" gross valve lift

Exhaust
300º duration
.455" gross valve lift]

Going from skunks to KME, k10 or KXV depends on the header and head.. KME are more more stock heads and simple builds... k10 like a ported head.. KXV will make more than k10 with the right head and otehr parts...

I did see a graph once posted on here where KME made better midrange than skunk3... but it all depends..

KXV will make the most if you can get a piston to fit it.. either custom pistons with valve relief or modified piston with deeper valve reliefs...

On top of the raw gains in power that a KXV will make over a k10, there is more power to be found in a better head or a KXV spec head.. Being that the KXV is 0.5mm higher in lift than a k10, there are some things that can be done to increase the horsepower output....

So basically KME for simple builds with stock heads or motors that want to retain 50 VTC... and aroudn 12.5 compression....

or k10 for ported head on off the shelf pistons... of KXV for the best kseries all motor tuning has to offer in my opinion for a streer/race car with full vtec implementation.

Once my motor is running soon, I might take the time to illustrate some really interesting case studies.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i assume you're running the older version of the stage 2 cams. i'm running version 3.

i haven't had any problems with my tensioner.
yea the older version i got them like 1 year ago if not more...watch your tensioner though...

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Once my motor is running soon, I might take the time to illustrate some really interesting case studies.
what up with the motor thats supposed to spin to 11K rpm?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts