Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first clutch i had was a carbunetics carbon to carbon twin dics come to find out its only good up to 650 hp, i upgraded to a competition twin disc everything went fine the car made 780 hp 530 tq. not a week goes by retunning the car to run on E-85, clutch brakes on the dyno WTF!! it didnt see any road time nor track time just dyno time. the disc closer to the tranny wore off all the groves for the input shaft. sent the pictures to comptetion and the warrentied the disc due to the material used for the center of the dic was a softer matel. reinstalled the new discs had about 7 track passes and 15 to 20min of highway driving and mit happended againg i cant engage the gears if the car is on but if its off i can start it in gear and drive by just matching rpm. i did everything needed the pedal stop replace the master and clutch slave cylinder. after one full pass the pedal will feel normal after that the pedal would be extremly firm with no play what so ever and if i adjust it by the pedal i would not be enough travel to engage or disengage the gears. now i am waiting on a response from competition to see what they are going to say. has anybody had a problem like this with this clutch or any other type?

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
Hahahaahaha yeah man welcome to the twin disc world.... That's old news.. Sorry to hear that though...
I had the same problem with my Tilton twin disc and Clutchmaster.. Now I have a Comp Clutch and it works flawlessly..

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38095

Honestly man it's hit or miss with these twin discs....

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
Question is this a K24 setup?

We need to do a poll and find out how many people who had this problem were using a block and how many others were using a K24 block. I think from what I've seen it's mainly or only those with a K24 swap.

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
What clutch would you recommend Os?
Well as I was telling the OP, It's hit or miss.... He is using CC. The same company I am using. And I've put far more miles on my swap than he has...

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
I was thinking of staying with a K20, torque is a mess with big turbo high HP and a K24
That's exactly what I'm getting at Mike... I created a poll to see how many had a K24 when this happened... The torque is crazy.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Question is this a K24 setup?

We need to do a poll and find out how many people who had this problem were using a block and how many others were using a K24 block. I think from what I've seen it's mainly or only those with a K24 swap.
yup its a k24 bottom, and its to late to go back fml

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
yup its a k24 bottom, and its to late to go back fml
LOL... Yeah.. Apparently it happens with K20's too so anyone is vulnerable...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts