Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be an abundance of "gay" VTEC heads out there now. I'm in possession of one of them (CRV head). They sell for next to nothing ATM so I'm wondering if there's a way to add some value to these heads.

I can see 2 methods. The weaker method is probably a "slip on" method that slides over the tubes leading to the spark plugs with arms coming out with a place for the lost motion spring.

The other method would be to drill 8 holes and press aluminum cylinderical slugs into them, then drill into these slugs a little for a place for the spring to sit. Is this possible without drilling into the ports or into where the spark plugs would sit? Would this affect the head's integrity? Would it be cheap to do this?

Does anyone know what angle the springs sit at? Is it the same angle the valves are?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
im sure it can be done. few alluminum sleeves the right diameter , good measurements and a good welder. but how much would it cost vs selling a couple of those heads and buying one that comes with them , lol.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Getting the sleeves aligned 100%,I dont see it unless CNC is used and a lot of work to get it right each time.. Just use a new rsx type s head :p

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm broke. :)

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll think I'm going to do the VTEC killer for a pure track car. Either got to find some 3 lobe rockers (or 1 lobe exhaust rockers) plus shaft for the intake side.

So, should the track car get the K24A1 (changed to 12.5:1 CR) block or K20Z3 (stock) short block? Which should the DD get? Leaning towards the K24 for the DD cuz I'll be driving it more.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'll think I'm going to do the VTEC killer for a pure track car. Either got to find some 3 lobe rockers (or 1 lobe exhaust rockers) plus shaft for the intake side.

So, should the track car get the K24A1 (changed to 12.5:1 CR) block or K20Z3 (stock) short block? Which should the DD get? Leaning towards the K24 for the DD cuz I'll be driving it more.
That extra torque from the 2.4 will be great for the track.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts