Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently burnt a "track" on my k-pro. It stopped reconizing if the ignition was on or off. I called hondata about this and was told it might have somthing to do with the wiring in my swap. I had the swap done by the shop , not by hasport since they weren't doing engine harnesses for my swap yet. I've never had problems with my ecu until I got the kpro. Are any hybrid members having problems with their kpro?

here's what hondata says "We think that this may have been the cause of some of the problems people have been having with the programmable ECU. The common thing in all cases was an engine swap or supercharger. We'e also found that the bolt holding the ground wires on the supercharger manifold comes loose easily. We tested disconnecting the ground and then grounding the ECU and found enough current flowing through the case of the ECU to cause problems. The intake manifold gasket still gives a good ground through the manifold bolts, but the best place for the ground wires is the cylinder head, even if it looks ugly."

http://www.hondata.com/techk20ground.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think if I run a ground wire from the ecu (from one of the 4 screws covering the ecu case) will help? I was running an afc hack and never had problems with that. I'm not sure what else could be wrong with my wiring.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Do you have any codes.

I had this problem with my Hondata as well. They said mine may have went out because of the USB cable.

No problems since i put in the second one and a new cable.

If you need any help with the wiring let me know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a cel light when the ecu went bad, but never had the chance to check it out. So you just changed the usb cable and no problems? What kind of usb cable did you use? I have a 2.0 high speed usb I could use when i get my ecu back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts