Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there anygood sites out there that sell the K-Series motors? I'm looking to eventually buy a K20a2 and a K24a1... I can't seem to find anything online. Thx!

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
98DC2-ITR said:
You can also ask to speak to Randy..... He handles our swaps also... Thanks for the reference BTW :lol:

Yeah I work @ Import Auto Salvage so don't ask
You guys get k24a2's ?

·
Registered
495 Posts
98DC2-ITR said:
I failed to mention that we have a container due next week from Japan with 3 DC5 K20 Type-r swaps on board. I am not sure about pricing etc we will just have to wait till they get here to figure that up. If you are looking for a K20-R swap call us...
Just curious, can you beat the usual pricing of $5000 for the K20's complete swap? TIA

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
The average price for a complete k20a is around $5500. I had a few choices whn picking an engine supplier for k20a.org and I didn;t want people to buy $4500 k20a swap that had bad trannies, cut harnesses, broken sensors...

If you ask around, importautosalvage has never had complaints from the honda community and their swaps are complete. That means not only do you get the motor, tranny, etc... but they go out of their way to ziplock bolts, nuts and whatever else you need.

When buying used engines you can never be sure what you are buying unti your run it. The importers do not have time to open the trannies and run the motors. A leakdown/compression test will not always tell you everything. I have seen people getting k20a swaps with base rsx ecus, broken sensors that cost $800, bad harnesses etc...

All I am saying is that it is good to know when you are paying so much for a swap that tehy will take care of you if something goes wrong. A lof of shops will help you but you just have to wait 1-2 months for their next shipment to replace the broken part etc...

I am sure Osaka wouldn't mind advertising on k20a.org... I just do not want people to buy their junk.

Nikos

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks for looking out, Nikos.

I would rather pay the higher first class price once than pay at second class and have to pay double for the trouble. :wink:

·
Import Auto Salvage Internet Guru
7 Posts
Thanks for the fine words guys we really appreciate it. I am not trying to drum up free business on here just letting you guys know what we may or may not have at a time. Just trying to provide my fellow honda/acura guys with some heads up on our k20 supply. I want everyone to get the best deal possible and want everyone to at least give us a shot at their business.

BTW if the C5 in my '98 ITR ever goes south (lets hope that never happens as she just rolled over 53K today) it will have a K20-R inside.

Again thanks for the great words NIKOS they truly mean a lot. I am going to bring this thread to the attention of the owner tomorrow AM :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.