Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 Honda Civic. I am getting different ideas on what to put on. I kinda like the Bomex kit for 01-03. Do they make the same kit for 04? Anyway, if ya'll know of any sick kits, let me know, and where to go. I'll have a pic for ya soon.

****Also, I need a short shifter, all they all pretty much the same?****

·
Banned
320 Posts
This is only my opinion so take it for what it's worth - I think body kits are pretty lame. I mean seriously what is the point? They make the car lower and can easily get damaged, they are expensive, and they provide no real benefit. The 04 Civic is a clean looking car stock, leave it like that. Just lower it and put some nice rims on there.

As far as a short shifter, I don't think you really want one of those either. Do a little research. Drive someone's car that has one and then drive yours. They're basically a gimmick trust me they don't really make you shift better/faster. They just fuck up your tranny synchros.

·
Registered
644 Posts
To some people body kits are not cool. They prefer jdm/stock look because it is supposed to be in right now. These are, in most cases, the same people that use to throw out their oem parts to swap for body kits a few years ago. I am not a big fan of body kits. I only like the one with a "subtle" design; but why does my opinion or anybodyelse's matter anywasy? Do what you like and what you are happy with. :wink:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Stock is best...and no Ive never owned a body kit. The few people Ive known that have had them experienced cracking problems and what not.
Also the kit itself is only a partial cost to the end product...fitting and trimming the kit at your local body shop at 65 bucks an hour adds up quickly.

With that being said if you get a kit do not get fiberglass. No fiberglass. Get the urethane (Sp?) material. Cost initially will be higher but its easier to install and will resist shattering if and when you hit something.

My opinion is Fast cars always look good!

Good Luck.

·
Registered
348 Posts
llx z xll said:
c-west kit is the shit. so is backyard special/airwalker front end. unfortunately, these nice kits are for my car, the ek. :lol:
^ werd!!! thats pimp c west and and the backyard special.....clean looking! but then again its your ride!! do what you want! but the cheap body kits never fit and look ghetto......get the oem honda factory performance kit....expensive tho...good luck....oh yeah you always get what you pay for!

FUNCTION BEFORE FASHION !!!!!!

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
llx z xll said:
c-west kit is the shit. so is backyard special/airwalker front end. unfortunately, these nice kits are for my car, the ek. :lol:
i seen the c-west kit for the 04. that $h!t is sick!

·
Registered
198 Posts
TeamPacman said:
The more simple the car looks the better it is...

But remember not all people agree what I say...

So if you like buddy kits then go for it...

909 is right...
my thoughts exactly ...just a nice oem lip kit all around is all i like ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Think of what all you could buy to make your car faster, stop quicker, handle better, etc if the money that was spent buying a body kit and getting it painted *yes painted*.

If there's any sort of quality parts/painting/installing being done, you'd be lucky to get it all said and done for under $2000. That could buy a LOT of performance.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i own a c-west kit and the quality of the product is incredible, backyard special also makes a sick front bumper....too bad they dont have one for your car. not all body kits are crappy, but the good ones are expensive. so if you want to save some money just get the oe lip kit drop it to a nice height ride...not slammed and nice rims and you are good to go. the rest of the money dump it on the engine :D

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
i own a c-west kit and the quality of the product is incredible, backyard special also makes a sick front bumper....too bad they dont have one for your car. not all body kits are crappy, but the good ones are expensive. so if you want to save some money just get the oe lip kit drop it to a nice height ride...not slammed and nice rims and you are good to go. the rest of the money dump it on the engine :D
wow 3 year old thread.... u must be bored. :silly:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.