Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
I am hoping to keep the P/S with my swap in my EK. Only time will tell though, It doesn't help I didn't get my P/S pump with my swap. :hammer:

And I got a nice new cutting wheel for my dremel ready to eat that hood up... :p

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
jon v said:
I am hoping to keep the P/S with my swap in my EK. Only time will tell though, It doesn't help I didn't get my P/S pump with my swap. :hammer:

And I got a nice new cutting wheel for my dremel ready to eat that hood up... :p
he's doing a k24 swap as well so he'll have more of a clearance issue, but with a k20 swap you can definitely keep it, you just have to "hack at the hood" as he says.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Take a look at the hondata eg with the electro-hydralic power steering set up. It looks like it works and is racing competitively in the NASA west Honda Challange H1 class.

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
crx20si said:
well, just wanted to know if running no lube from the pump would affect the rack&pinnion in the future ?meaning I had power steering and now I don't cause of the swap.
just leave what ever fluid that's in your steering rack when you disconnect it and loop the suction and return. this way the fuild can move back and forth when you turn. you should be okay.
or just notch your hood and keep your power steering. it's not that hard. p/s is a good thing to have.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
evolforce2 said:
Take a look at the hondata eg with the electro-hydralic power steering set up.
?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
So all you need to do to run P/S with the k is the K P/S pump and some new lines right?

I mean the pumps should be simialr to the B/D series ones right? All I would have to do is hook up the corrisponding hoses right?

·
Registered
458 Posts
You can run the k20 pump with the ek no problem. I made this a top priority when i did my swap. Basically all i had to do is connect both civic p\s line and the rsx\ ps line at the ends. Cost me around 30 bucks to have them connected. I also notch the hood to clear the pump. i left the p\s resevior at the civic stock location and went to a local hose company and got about 7 feet (you probally will use about 6 feet, got more just incase) of high pressure hose (5/8in) for the fluid feed line. I routed it down by the radiator and up the other side . So far no problems and lovin it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Very nice... So all you needed was some hose, ehh?

Sounds good. You got any pictures of the top of the hood? from teh outside? Does the P/S pump or pulley stick out or did you just have to cut the under skeloton of the hood?

Also, this looks like an EG right? and what kind of motor a K20a2?

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
jon v said:
Very nice... So all you needed was some hose, ehh?

Sounds good. You got any pictures of the top of the hood? from teh outside? Does the P/S pump or pulley stick out or did you just have to cut the under skeloton of the hood?

Also, this looks like an EG right? and what kind of motor a K20a2?

I just cut my hood in my ek to have PS, i'll get some pics up later. All i used was the stock rsx line to the rack ( i had to bend it a little to make it go the way i wanted it to). On the power steering pump, the black fitting that goes to the reservoir i flipped it around and ran a new hose to the reservoir. Then I used the stock ek return from the reservoir to the rack. I'll post up some pics and you'll understand waht i'm talking about.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Lets see them... :up:

·
Registered
495 Posts
vuaccordla said:
You can run the k20 pump with the ek no problem. I made this a top priority when i did my swap. Basically all i had to do is connect both civic p\s line and the rsx\ ps line at the ends. Cost me around 30 bucks to have them connected. I also notch the hood to clear the pump. i left the p\s resevior at the civic stock location and went to a local hose company and got about 7 feet (you probally will use about 6 feet, got more just incase) of high pressure hose (5/8in) for the fluid feed line. I routed it down by the radiator and up the other side . So far no problems and lovin it.
Is this configuration what you're talking about?

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
98specR said:
isn't that the picture he posted???

If you look closely at my pic. The black fitting on the PS pump is turned 180 degrees. Honda put a hole there so you could flip it around, it just needs to be tapped. Its 6mm. flip it around and tighten it down. Simple. I should go outside and get a close up but its dark. :p I'll get one tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
drhonda said:
If you look closely at my pic. The black fitting on the PS pump is turned 180 degrees. Honda put a hole there so you could flip it around, it just needs to be tapped. Its 6mm. flip it around and tighten it down. Simple. I should go outside and get a close up but its dark. :p I'll get one tomorrow.
Cool cool, I can see what you are talkin about.

I want to see a picture of your cut up hood. done...
I want to know how much you guys need to cut out with the K20's because I think I am going to need to cut out a little extra for my K24...

:cool:

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
jon v said:
Cool cool, I can see what you are talkin about.

I want to see a picture of your cut up hood. done...
I want to know how much you guys need to cut out with the K20's because I think I am going to need to cut out a little extra for my K24...

:cool:
I'll get some close ups by fri. night.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.