Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so some of you may remember my thread last week about not being able to get the motor to time, well finally we got it timed but now on to my next problem :facepalm: from what it sounds like my go power dual valve springs are binding on each other.. like the two springs rub on each other as i turn the car over, i could be totally wrong though, heres a video so you guys can tell me what you think.. thanks

http://youtu.be/ptdeTBnT2-Q

·
Registered
4,294,967,295 Posts

·
Registered
4,294,967,295 Posts
Re: Valve Spring Bind?

hey so I'm over here from 8thcivic cause i can't get any straight answers over there really.. so i just put skunk2 stage 2 version 3 cams in along with a go power valve train (i know you guys hate skunk over here lol) anyways i went to start the car for the first time today and it cranked over but wouldn't start.. motor made a loud ticking noise but I'm mainly concerned with it not starting. some on 8th said i may not be timed correctly cause i think my chain may of slipped or something..some said it could be because I'm on a stock map and I'm just not getting a enough fuel to start. i did everything right to my knowledge..no corners cut or nothing. ANY input would be great. right now my plans to just plug a scan tool up and see if i get any codes for the timing or cam sensors..
We don't hate skunk, we just tell it how it is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually its not chain slap!! my dumb ass did not put the new valve seats go power provided for me when installing the dual valve springs, the stock seats aren't able to work with the duals so thats what the ticking is i believe. although after watching those vids it does sound some what similar.. i should watch my chain and actually see if it is doing what the ones in the vids do.. has anyone found a fix to the chain slap from the cams? really really wishing i woulda just got go power errythang haha

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i see that, so the tickeing is definitely the chain slap then huh.. damn. is there any real way to fix this? i see all sorts of threads about it but i doesn't seem like any one has a fix for it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha leemoney, i apologize for doubting you. it wasn't i didn't think you were right, i just didn't want to believe i had to buy new cams but your 100% right.. not gonna run my car on these cams, cars way to new to blow the motor on some junk cams. shitty situation, senior in high school with a part time job scraping pennys to fund this "build" and i find out i have to buy new cams. damn. any suggestions on what i should pick up, thats not crazy priced but still a "stage 2" spec

·
Swag Champ
9,369 Posts
haha leemoney, i apologize for doubting you. it wasn't i didn't think you were right, i just didn't want to believe i had to buy new cams but your 100% right.. not gonna run my car on these cams, cars way to new to blow the motor on some junk cams. shitty situation, senior in high school with a part time job scraping pennys to fund this "build" and i find out i have to buy new cams. damn. any suggestions on what i should pick up, thats not crazy priced but still a "stage 2" spec
how much did you pay for the junk2 cams?

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
6,999 Posts
yeah i see that, so the tickeing is definitely the chain slap then huh.. damn. is there any real way to fix this? i see all sorts of threads about it but i doesn't seem like any one has a fix for it
what leemoney said. buy cams from dc, ips, or another reputable company. do not use skunk2 cams unless you want to rebuild a new motor with good cams

why not get 06+ tsx cams

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i paid 600 new for them.. I'm pissed. shoulda done my research before though so its pretty much my fault for jumping into it with out reading up on it..i was just looking at some drag cartels but its like 1000 for a set if I'm right.. i just purchased so much ish to go along with my cams that i don't have that kinda cash layin around. even sold my jordan retro sneaker collection to fund some of this :facepalm: anyways, as for tax cams i kinda want something with a little more power i wanna make 230-240ish

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i just read a few ppl makin 250ish with tsx cams and supporting mods..what do you know haha. would it be pointless to use these cams with my go power valve train though?

·
Swag Champ
9,369 Posts
if you want 230-240hp get the drag cartel drop in cams they are 800-900 if im not mistaken + kpro,header,exhaust,you already have the rbc manifold maby rdx 410 injectors...

& just so you know im not making stuff up here are the cartels dic..i think this is a member on here car http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch11lOP2fto

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
There is a guys selling a set of hytech spec II cams somewhere either on here or HT.

I ran those cams on a OEM tensioner for years. never had 1 problem. :up:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well hate to say this now after my junk2 cams but I'm running a skunk intake manifold.. :facepalm: haha maybe i should try and sell it idk. I've got a spoon throttle body so thats good shit.. dc do look tempting.

^^ bout to search for em now thanks man

·
Swag Champ
9,369 Posts
well hate to say this now after my junk2 cams but I'm running a skunk intake manifold.. :facepalm: haha maybe i should try and sell it idk. I've got a spoon throttle body so thats good shit.. dc do look tempting.

^^ bout to search for em now thanks man
loll well you can keep the manifold for now i guess.. i just got my DC 4.5today for my lil build.... just get rid of those cams please:up:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
damn 4.5..your doin it. back in my trap days i woulda not hesitated to drop the cash for a nice build but an arrest and a year later i gotta penny pinch aha. probably not good forum chat though, ha. anyways yeah i plan on pulling them out tomorrow and try selling them.. don't know who the eff will buy them after all the shitty reviews but well see. gonna try and get my parents to spot em so cash to pick up the DC's

·
Swag Champ
9,369 Posts
damn 4.5..your doin it. back in my trap days i woulda not hesitated to drop the cash for a nice build but an arrest and a year later i gotta penny pinch aha. probably not good forum chat though, ha. anyways yeah i plan on pulling them out tomorrow and try selling them.. don't know who the eff will buy them after all the shitty reviews but well see. gonna try and get my parents to spot em so cash to pick up the DC's
cool man let me know how it goes...it would be hard for me to sell them to somebody knowing that they will F a motor up tho

1 - 20 of 63 Posts