Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Another case of the herky jerky and a dipping idle

4K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Brotatochip 
#1 ·
So got my kswap (k20a3) in my em2/es2, fricking amazing and a huge power improvement over the d17. But im having some issues. When accelerating the car will jerk through the powerband. Having a on off effect on the accelerator. Ive checked for vacuum leaks and even replaced the manifold gasket and throttle body gasket. The iaav is deleted, i have a brand new OEM iacv and a (Acuity?) TPS and the problem still persists. There are absolutely no vacuum or exhaust leaks. The only time the engine doesnt do it is when im at WOT, smooth powerband over all. And i should add that im getting a p1164 code. It will idle smooth then rough, then smooth again, then rough back to smooth. New plugs and 40psi at the rail.

#5 ·
Okay update, i went out for lunch and the car ran sooooo smooth!! Gosh it was so amazing. No jerking but just all the power at once no hesitation. Then the check engine light came back on with a Primary O2 no signal low voltage. I looked at live data and the sensor was at 0v. This sensor is new, its a denso off amazon. Maybe it was a knock off sensor? But the car was running so good. Parked it and started it back up, idle was the same as before and the jerking is back. The voltage is now showing back on the live data. Maybe its the O2 sensor? Maybe? Honda wants $450 for a oem one, ordered one off of K-series parts for $230. Ima see what this'll doo! Anyone have insight? Any thoughts or suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.