Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have done TONS of research and im just a little unsure of the oem axle combo still. Im gunna be putting in a k20a2 in a 96 coupe using ekk1 mounts and want to know what the perfect oem combo is for the axles? i read on here that u can use a 92+ prelude axle for the passenger side, but what side prelude axle do i need to order?? pass or driver?

So far this is what im gunna be using:

Driver Side:

RSX Type S inner and shaft, B-series outter CV joint.

Passenger Side:

RSX Type S inner, Perlude (92+) shaft, B-series outter CV joint.

Any other oem combos that may work with my setup?

Thanks!:cool:

·
Registered
457 Posts
I am not an expert, so I probly got this wrong, get second opinion. The K is flip flop so it can be either. Say can the prelude one be used on passenger side of K, or the H? If on H, then order the prelude passenger, if on the K, order the driver. I am betting it is refering to the passenger side of prelude and driver side of K, and slips into the tranny and not on the half shaft, but I dont know, never done a swap or been around one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So u think I need the passenger side prelude axle for the passenger side? Does anyone else know for sure? All input appreciated:cool:

·
Registered
457 Posts
I dont know, if it is the one to go in the tranny not the half shaft, then order passenger side of prelude to go in driver side of your swap. If it is the one to go in the half shaft, order driver side prelude to go in passenger side of swap. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I hate to tell someone wrong, those errors cost money. Man dont take my word for it til you can get a second oppinion. It is just how I am seeing it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is he using ekk1 mounts? did he use the whole axle? or did he have to swap like b series outters on the ends?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Passager side

Integra 94-01 driver side
RSX 02-06 Base passager side
EP3 02-04 Base passager side

Driver side

RSX 02-06 Base driver side
EP3 02-04 Base driver side

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
awesome guys i appreciate it..Ep3 axles it is:cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
on the o2-06 rsx axles, when u put "BASE" did u mean the base model rsx axles, and not the type s ones?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts