Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dude there are many ways of building the infamous ls/vtec to surpass the numbers of the gsr and hype r. we all know the Ls doesnt have squirters nor a block guard or even a rod ratio like a mclaren but these ls/vtec has the potential like you'll never see unless you build them correctly not just throw money at it, but done with some homework,did I forget to mention way cheaper too. with all the money your gonna spend on the hype r you can build a great ls/vtec, torque numbers are greater too. here in vegas i have built so much that nobody asks for a gsr anymore. the most i have intalled was about 5 gsr and they all spent more to get the bolt ons then engine work. now you add those numbers up and it will probably doubled from the time you bought the swap then adding the bolt ons then machining. compared to an lsvtec that is built still doesnt compare the price over a gsr or type r. with a compared price overall you can still get a power adder with the ls vtec after the gsr was built. but relatively speaking the type r is still stock form with the money spent.

you guys gotta think honda had no intentions to have the ls to performe just as good or better than the gsr or why even make it. but it has its ups and downs. leaking oil, bad installs all play a roll. lets say you put all the money on what you would have spent on that hype r into the ls/vtec then what you have is an almost bulet proof motor. a built motor is always better than a stock one remember that!!

well thats my cents and i know there will be alot of arguemnets but i have done it and i will never buy a gsr or type r but all k now and type s. k20a2/k24a another arguement coming soon to a thread near you :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wrongly placed thread

for ef8gripracer reply to thread on ls/vtec

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
DUDE...ls/vtec is old school bro. K20/24 is the new technology you can't compare.

In all seriousness, K-series are the new way to go. You can get power out of LS/vtec but it won't be as realiable as a K20 would be. Plus the k20 is a stronger motor and will give you more power in the end dollar to dollar.

Do you have any references of these Ls/vtec's you've built??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the thread was for ef8gripracer on the thread below. I know its not the motor of choice anymore but he brought up an old discussion.

what kinds of ref. do you need?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts