Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall some late November after Sema release dates that have passed. I also recall Jan 1 or so. Can we just get an update on what is going on. Are there issues that are being worked out or what? I'm doing my swap in about two months so I am fine for the moment but, I would just like to know when its coming.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Any time now, I've been out of the office for a couple of days, I'll check on them when I get back. When I left the first parts were going on the mill and the brackets were scheduled to be cut and welded.

brian g

·
Registered
384 Posts
I read this post from keithG on honda-tech:

"The mount kit should be available before the end of January 2005. The billet mounts are done, the steel mount brackets are in production, and we are working on the cable-to-hydro clutch mechanism. We have a working prototype on our car and are working on making it a production piece. You guys will be the first to know when it is ready for sale. "

Now of course, that may be pushed back to anything held up in the production process... I am sure that when they are released, we will definetly know about it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
PERFECT :D
Soon is what i like to hear!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I know what ya'll are sayin here. I just know how fast May is gonna be here. I still have to sell my f'n H22 Accord so I can buy the K20a for the CRX! I just hope these mounts are comin like they say.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Im sure they are coming soon,as I know Hasport see's the demand for the mounts...Im sure no one wants them to rush the production of them,and have the fitment problems.

There is a reason Hasport is so well known in the engine swap mount industry and has been in business for as long as they have.Give them time people,they'll come!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I sold my fully built 86 trueno just to get that motor in my crx. I've been waiting for three years and finally someone had done it. I have 10,000 bucks from selling my 86. Is that enough for all that is needed to complete the entire RSX type s swap for my 89 honda crx SiR? Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
98specR said:
that would be real nice. to put a k into my crx.
where do you think it looks better?
here ckrx?
here crkx?
or here crxk?

Since mine has a b16 from japan and now wanting to swap the k20 motor i already have my original SiR icon from japan on my back. Imma just going to put "Type s" below my SiR, since i have already made my whole car into JDM. It will still be a SiR and a Type S.....its better then what you have....lol....anyone wants my glass roof? I change my mind not to cut off my roof to install the glass top.....i love my crx too much...CRX power!

·
Registered
12 Posts
RC000E said:
What kind of price are you lookin for out of the roof?

I bought it for 400 bucks plus shipping so it was around 500 something......Its from japan and i was hoping to get around 350.....if not then imma sell it to my cousins for very cheap since he did help me get the b16 from japan...Its in perfect condition and there is not crack or anything.....but it'll be hard to install.... alot of cutting and welding....not to mention the cutting of your car....sniff sniff poor crx....

·
Registered
92 Posts
me too i still got sell my set up or the whole car complete jus to buy the motor . whats the price range for a typr r k series in a 90 dx? who can answer me???

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.