Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was the first day of a school in USA and a new Indian student named Chandrasekhar Subramanian entered the fourth grade. The teacher said, "Let's begin by reviewing some American History. Who said 'Give me Liberty , or give me Death'?" She saw a sea of blank faces, except for Chandrasekhar, who had his hand up: 'Patrick Henry, 1775' he said. 'Very good!' Who said 'Government of the People, by the People, for the People, shall not perish from the Earth?' Again, no response except from Chandrasekhar. 'Abraham Lincoln,
1863' said Chandrasekhar. The teacher snapped at the class, 'Class, you should be ashamed. Chandrasekhar, who is new to our country, knows more about its history than you do.' She heard a loud whisper: 'F*ck the Indians,' 'Who said that?' she demanded. Chandrasekhar put his hand up. 'General Custer, 1862.' At that point, a student in the back said, 'I'm gonna puke.' The teacher glares around and asks 'All right! Now, who said that?' Again, Chandrasekhar says, 'George Bush to the Japanese Prime Minister,
1991.' Now furious, another student yells, 'Oh yeah? Suck this!'
Chandrasekhar jumps out of his chair waving his hand and shouts to the teacher , 'Bill Clinton, to Monica Lewinsky,=2 01997!' Now with almost mob hysteria someone said 'You little ****. If you say anything else, I'll kill you.' Chandrasekhar frantically yells at the top of his voice, ' Michael Jackson to the child witnesses testifying against him- 2004.' The teacher fainted. And as the class gathered around the teacher on the floor, someone said, 'Oh ****, we're screwed!' And Chandrasekhar said quietly, "I think it was the American people, November 4, 2008."

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At first, I thought it was kind of funny.

Let me explain though, we have a new President and I think a lot of people are thinking he should be able to wave a magic wand or something and instantly transform everything that IS wrong or sideways, mainly our economy, also world affairs.

I, personally, am fairly excited about his position and him being President, but for those that aren't and as easy as it is to point blame at the current ranking President, they need to allow some time to develop. No person in his position could pull off an immediate positive global turn around like he has on his shoulders to satisfy all of the masses. Especially as quickly as we all want it to be turned around.

Day before yesterday, Microsoft announced 3500 layoffs. Starbucks announced 1500,, and the list goes on.

It is going to take some time to turn this listing ship around. I am eternally positive even though I WAS (keyword) a 13 year Loan Officer and have had my own data base fall through just like a Microsoft layoff.

People are extremely nervous. People are losing their homes. Suddenly, a cup of coffee is a luxury and the cost of gasoline, groceries and other needed items are further from site when wages aren't increasing,, or jobs are being lost. And that isn't even addressing medical bills if a family has them and the ever increasing costs to insure. Sick babies don't register that an economy has fallen,, they just cry their eyes out.

My hope is for a better future.

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
Worry is a weak power. Confidence will help those that seek it! The joke you posted is pretty accurate from what I hear. I took an online test not too long ago where you are shown a map of the world and asked to pinpoint certain countries. I got 98% in 5 minutes, and I was a dumb ass stoner back in my school days. Kinda' looks like academics has dropped off somewhat recently. We used to run home after school and turn on the radio and listen to music that was actually written with musical instruments propper instead of being sampled. I don't know if the current generation will be able to fill the needs to creatively solve he challenges this new president has outlined. I'm not scurred tho'. Hey you got a K swap? I live in north Seattle.

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
Indians are not smart as you think <-- is indian!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean, McCoy, about how times have changed. But that is progression. Each era will be different from the last.

There is a lot of good in this world,,, those that try to make it harsh from their negative attitudes and comments (like first posted from random InternetS! will always stick out more than those that continually give, give and give.

I spend most of my time buried in self help/positive mental imaging books; i.e., 'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill, 'The Magic of Thinking Big' by Dr. David J Schwartz, and lately 'How I raised Myself From Failure To Success' by Frank Bettger. All life changing.

I have a theme I keep constant in my head; "Mind body and soul!" I really don't let myself sit too idle enough to allow useless activity. :silly: Hey,, I'm not perfect,, no one is (just don't tell certain people though,, it invokes defined reactions). I work on myself and try to see the best in everyone,, no matter how their projected attitude is.

K20? hmm,, lemme PM you!

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
Cool. What tribe are you affiliated with?
I think they from the SlapDaHo Nation down the road from 7/11. Now don't get all mad Boss, I hate how it makes you turn red! I'm a Yakima/Warmsprings fellow myself.
Yeah Cookie, a Holistic approach to anything in life is best. To get Mind, Body, and Soul (some add other sides to this wheel also-diet-sexercise-etc) to move in a coordinated manner is really effective. How far down the road if the steering/motor/chassis/wheels dinnint all work together?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SlapDaHo tribe! Yup,, I've heard of them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
90+ % of afroamericans voted for obama ...thats wrong...why? because they voted solely on the fact that he's black..thats racist in itself dont you think? I mean i heard stories of 90 year old ladies voting for the first time and why did they do it? cause he is black..it should not be about if he is black or white it should be his view point his stance on issues i voted for him because i likes his ideas for leading the country...you have people like oprah and other black leaders going all goo goo over him only because he is black that is wrong 300 years of oppression is over mlk did the job there is equal opportunity (hell the president of the us is black) why is it everything involving a black person has to be about race and here is some news to everyone obama isnt black only ...he is white too dont forget that he is the best of both worlds

·
Registered
294 Posts
90+ % of afroamericans voted for obama ...thats wrong...why? because they voted solely on the fact that he's black..thats racist in itself dont you think? I mean i heard stories of 90 year old ladies voting for the first time and why did they do it? cause he is black..it should not be about if he is black or white it should be his view point his stance on issues i voted for him because i likes his ideas for leading the country...you have people like oprah and other black leaders going all goo goo over him only because he is black that is wrong 300 years of oppression is over mlk did the job there is equal opportunity (hell the president of the us is black) why is it everything involving a black person has to be about race and here is some news to everyone obama isnt black only ...he is white too dont forget that he is the best of both worlds
there is no both worlds its one or the other ( the way I see it )

and the op was kinda humorous lol

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
... 300 years of oppression is over mlk did the job there is equal opportunity...
You would like to think so right??? Truth is it is not and it will never be... It still exists.. Some people will never let it go. Obama's Presidency is a milestone of achievement and example for any person regardless of race. However there is still much more work that needs to be done... America will never be "United" and its unfortunate.

·
&#4314;(&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;&#4314;)
9,690 Posts
ok im going to throw this into the mix...
before obama won the nomination he was half white and half black.
no all any one cares about is that he's black, who gives a shit.
all he is good for is reading what someone prepared for him.

what i find funny is that after the election the stock market had its worse post election down turn in history. mainly cause everyone with money pulled it out of the stock market, people with money didnt vote for him.

i dont respect him as a person, but you have to respect the position he is in.

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
Out of curiosity why do yo not respect him as a person? Just asking.

·
&#4314;(&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;&#4314;)
9,690 Posts
i promise to do all this, but when i get elected i realize that the things i was elected to do cant do done.

We shall tax ourselves to prosperity. wtf, how does that work

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
Has any president delivered 100% of what they promised to get into office?

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
I find it funny hes been in office a week and people are complaining that he isn't deliverying.

Bottom line is he was handed a big steaming pile... I expect things to get worse. We didn't get in this position overnight.
Exactly... It's going to take time for any improvement to take place.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Out of curiosity why do yo not respect him as a person? Just asking.
I know. That's got to be one of the wackiest statements I have heard in a while.

Even IF a person didn't vote for him, how could they not be positive and hopeful for the future in all that he stands for. Give it time.

But, you know, the naysayers will funnel forth when he screws up,, for sure, and say, "See,, I told you so!" Isn't it always that way that negative back-patting surfaces when something doesn't align perfectly.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Its the media hyping up his race. I'm black... Whenever I talk to other black friends, we are all sick and tired of the fact that everyone is obsessed with his skin color. I voted for his ideas.

A friend of mine is from Chicago and she chose to vote for him because her family has seen what he did in Chicago firsthand...

So my point here is don't make bad assumptions about what motivated people to vote for him or what his appeal is based on the nonsense shown in the media. Be more open minded....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts