Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the board, but I was wondering a couple questions...

Im going to look into purchasing a k20a for a 92 dx HB and I was wondering what all parts are needed, and what modifications are needed. One of the questions on the modifications is about the Radiator, what will I do with that? Do I have to remount it somewhere else?

Please provide me a list of parts that I can use to piece together this swap. I know I need the Complete Swap, and I will be looking for Hasport mounts. Also, what is needed to do the shift linkage? Another quick question, Would I need to use the same axels that came with the RSX?? Please let me know ASAP, thank

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nikos said:
compwc18 said:
Im new to the board, but I was wondering a couple questions...

Im going to look into purchasing a k20a for a 92 dx HB and I was wondering what all parts are needed, and what modifications are needed. One of the questions on the modifications is about the Radiator, what will I do with that? Do I have to remount it somewhere else?

Please provide me a list of parts that I can use to piece together this swap. I know I need the Complete Swap, and I will be looking for Hasport mounts. Also, what is needed to do the shift linkage? Another quick question, Would I need to use the same axels that came with the RSX?? Please let me know ASAP, thank you very much....
Welcome,

basically you will need the k20a swap, hasport mounts, fuel stuff, harness to make the gauge cluster work with the ecu, a cluth line and axles.

No that is the basic stuff you will need.

The k20a uses cables so if those don;t come with your swap, you will need to buy them used or new from acura. (same one as rsx)

People have used del sol radiators or RSX ones. Both of them have to be relocated where the condenser once was.

YOu will also need a header. YOu can use a stock TSX one, or a dc sports TSX one or you can go custom and get a nice header anywhere from $500-$1300

By fuel stuff, I mean fuel lines, fuel rail, regulators, fittings. All these stuff can be bought individually. Search for the best price. I got my set from jegs.com , summitracing.com and camp1320.com (golden eagle fuel rail)

Also the harness can be bought from a few places for $350-$400 but if you have some skills you might be able to do it yourself. A few people I know did that.

ANything else let us know.

PS DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE K20a2 motor out of the US type S. IT can get almost the same power as a stock k20a with the right parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.