Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mazda Speed 3 is: Cobb Pro tuned (stage 2+ stock turbo)on E85 with Full boltons, BFMIC, 3 inch exhaust, light weight wheels and Brake Boosting. MSP3 refused to do a low roll. 350 Whp/ 362 Wtq. SoloDC on Race fuel, Race tune. Cobra has bolt-ons and gears. Pelon Built Turbo Civic on 225 Azenis street tires, BBG. 400 Whp (dynojet) Rsx was also on street tires and Donsep3 was on pump 93 octane tune even tho video says E90 tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1kWsd1jqM0

·
Registered
441 Posts
Good runs. Sounds like Don put a new FD in there? That Civic is quick up top.

Interesting to see you pull the MS3 by that much considering it's on E85. Is he a member of MSF.org? I'm bout to post this vid over there lol.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good runs. Sounds like Don put a new FD in there? That Civic is quick up top.

Interesting to see you pull the MS3 by that much considering it's on E85. Is he a member of MSF.org? I'm bout to post this vid over there lol.
Thanks. Yes Donsep3 switched his wheel tire setup from 25.5 inch tall down to a 23 inch setup, thus much lighter and shortening the gear ratios quite a bit, his car has always been very quick and he has a great power band for sure. The MSP3 is pretty quick too, heres a video of him running a FBO/geared/tuned/sprayed 2v mustang, a 370 Whp HX35 talon, 350 Whp HX35 Mx6 (2700 pounds) and a 440 Whp FBO/Boss mani/LT Headers/Tuned Coyote 5.0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SD714nBamc

·
Registered
441 Posts
Word. Mind if I post this vid on the Mazdaspeed forum? Do you know if that dude is a member of Mazdaspeedforums.org?

That run leaves something to think about though, considering you pulled the Speed as much/more than the bolted/tuned 5.0.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Word. Mind if I post this vid on the Mazdaspeed forum? Do you know if that dude is a member of Mazdaspeedforums.org?

That run leaves something to think about though, considering you pulled the Speed as much/more than the bolted/tuned 5.0.
this what im thinkin.. notice on solos "race fuel tune" he pull the speed3 by as much, even more then the bolton-tune 5.0 did..? don't make sense how a '230' hp rsx can pull a e85 speed3 like that...

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I'm not sure if the guy is on the forums or not, but yeah you can post it up.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well blew the differential and quite possibly the final drive/ring gear today lol. Car won't be running for while...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
All the talk about how you've been shifting it like that forever. That 1st to 2nd wheelhop you do in every video is why you broke it.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All the talk about how you've been shifting it like that forever. That 1st to 2nd wheelhop you do in every video is why you broke it.
All the gears are still great and engage lol, blew it up at the track on a hard launch... Still 80 plus time slips, countless 1st gear street pulls and 3 years lol, I can't complain!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I drive like a deranged idiot and my shit didn't actually physically break for about 5 years. So yeah, i'd say you did it in with that driving lol.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I drive like a deranged idiot and my shit didn't actually physically break for about 5 years. So yeah, i'd say you did it in with that driving lol.
I blew the differential on a sticky track on sticky Toyos. That's what did in the diff, that and the fact that I probably run my car harder than anyone else on this board with the exception of race cars. It's all good though, ill have this problem fixed soon enough, I'm just done running my Rsx for awhile.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
why do you get salt on everything solodc does?
Don this is the same guy that said quote "I almost guarantee he has head work, cams and a built head".... Etc. Until I proved him wrong lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts