Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just need to hear some feedback on this and suggestions

k24a block
12.5 compression (Cp, Arias, Wiseco pistons 87mm)
Rods (eagle or crower)
Stock Crank
Stock Sleeves

k20a2 head
Cl9 manifold or Custom
IPS K2 cams or similar cams with appropriate valvetrain

K pro

Nice header

Any opinions on this?

Do you think the bore should go more than 87mm?

Suggested work done to the head? What size valves would do the trick?

Thanks,

NIkos
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
320 Posts
If I were to go with an allmotor K24 I think I would get it sleeved. Just because of the fairly extreme piston sideloads the motor is going to see with the super-long stroke. Otherwise I would be concerned about damaging the stock sleeves.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,747 Posts
909edge said:
If I were to go with an allmotor K24 I think I would get it sleeved. Just because of the fairly extreme piston sideloads the motor is going to see with the super-long stroke. Otherwise I would be concerned about damaging the stock sleeves.
I agree with all the work you doing why not go a little farther. Better to be safe than sorry. I believe the stock sleeves are strong enough, but an aftermarket one would be stronger.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about the intake manifold? The ITR might not be the best for the IPS cams. What is the best choice and where can I find it?

Edo mentions the RBC intake manifold.. From what car is this?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
320 Posts
Well I think the ideal solution would be ITBs but you would need a fairly long "trumpet" length to tune them for the RPM range where this motor will make power, and at that point you would run into hood clearance issues...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man... I wasted 1 hour looking for this manifold... no luck... How come noone is selling it? Ron, you know how we can get a hold of one?

How much better does it flow than the ITR? I know there are fitment issues with the DC5 hood but at this point I am interested in how much better it flows than the ITR one.

Thanks,

Nikos
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
nikos said:
Man... I wasted 1 hour looking for this manifold... no luck... How come noone is selling it? Ron, you know how we can get a hold of one?

How much better does it flow than the ITR? I know there are fitment issues with the DC5 hood but at this point I am interested in how much better it flows than the ITR one.

Thanks,

Nikos
On the motor we tested it on, the manifold was worth ~17hp, going from PRC to RBC. This was in an EG, so we haven't dealt with RSX fitment issues yet. Greg from Hondawerx is in the process of sorting this out for the DC5.

-Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
edo said:
On the motor we tested it on, the manifold was worth ~17hp, going from PRC to RBC. This was in an EG, so we haven't dealt with RSX fitment issues yet. Greg from Hondawerx is in the process of sorting this out for the DC5.

-Ron
:shock: - I am interested in buying one too :twisted:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
edo said:
nikos said:
Man... I wasted 1 hour looking for this manifold... no luck... How come noone is selling it? Ron, you know how we can get a hold of one?

How much better does it flow than the ITR? I know there are fitment issues with the DC5 hood but at this point I am interested in how much better it flows than the ITR one.

Thanks,

Nikos
On the motor we tested it on, the manifold was worth ~17hp, going from PRC to RBC. This was in an EG, so we haven't dealt with RSX fitment issues yet. Greg from Hondawerx is in the process of sorting this out for the DC5.

-Ron
Good news,

Will it fit in a EG with a K ?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was the Civic the one owned by Derek, owner of hondata? Maybe the gain was dynoed at Churchs? Just wondering.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,371 Posts
One of the best way to get power Out of that motor is...


ITB's....You need that...Stock Manifold is fine but not for the top end that you are looking for...


ITB's is one of the best way for Power and TQ....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank Marouj...

I have read a lot of people bitching about tuning the ITBS with k pro... How bad is it?

thanks,

Nikos
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,371 Posts
nikos said:
Thank Marouj...

I have read a lot of people bitching about tuning the ITBS with k pro... How bad is it?

thanks,

Nikos
Girls and ITB's don't Mix... :wink:


Not bad at ALL....

It's very easy for me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
me too, k-pro + itb's = works just fine..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
320 Posts
edo said:
On the motor we tested it on, the manifold was worth ~17hp, going from PRC to RBC. This was in an EG, so we haven't dealt with RSX fitment issues yet. Greg from Hondawerx is in the process of sorting this out for the DC5.

-Ron
damn...
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top