Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have blueprint stg 2 cams and valve train, and I am getting a block off my buddy that was built, or is being built by nikos, it has k20 oil pump, 12.5 compression, rods, and it gonna be arp studded. full 3 inch exhaust, rbc manifold, cai, With kpro and a full tune what will be a efficient redline? or how high will it make power?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
wanting to know kinda what to expect before I dump the 4000 dollars douche bag
With ported RBC you'd be around 270whp+. With a good ported head I'd say around 280whp+. Just a guess based on what others are making, though it all depends on the tuner. I'd think redline would be safe to 8500rpm, though it should be able to handle 9k. I just don't think you'll make power up there especially if the head isn't majorly ported.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With ported RBC you'd be around 270whp+. With a good ported head I'd say around 280whp+. Just a guess based on what others are making, though it all depends on the tuner. I'd think redline would be safe to 8500rpm, though it should be able to handle 9k. I just don't think you'll make power up there especially if the head isn't majorly ported.
ported head huh? I always heard the heads flowed real good on the k20s and it wasnt needed, learn something new everyday

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
8500 RPM is the safe norm...

But with a ported head have seen people up to 10000 RPM, not if it goes boom after a few runs, they build another one..

If you are not making more power up high, it makes more sense to change gears than revving to the sky.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
8500 RPM is the safe norm...

But with a ported head have seen people up to 10000 RPM, not if it goes boom after a few runs, they build another one..

If you are not making more power up high, it makes more sense to change gears than revving to the sky.
what kind of power do you think i will make nikos? quartermile? it swapped in a 2000 si that weighs 2440

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
with stock cams it should make 250whp around there.. with cams probably more, at least that is what most people hope for when they change cams.

That is a heavy car. I would not focus too much on 1/4 mile times with such weight.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with stock cams it should make 250whp around there.. with cams probably more, at least that is what most people hope for when they change cams.

That is a heavy car. I would not focus too much on 1/4 mile times with such weight.
I plan on lightin it up a bit, and it will have blueprint stg 2 cams, and one of those swap headers that guy makes on here

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I plan on lightin it up a bit, and it will have blueprint stg 2 cams, and one of those swap headers that guy makes on here
That's a pretty vague statement. What header are you talking about? If you want to make 280whp everything is going to have to be designed to work together. You're not going to just grab random parts and put together a motor that's going to make that much power, I don't care who the tuner is. Do the research and see what other people are using, then talk to people that build engines on a daily basis to find out what type of parts you're talking about. That's when you'll have to deside if the goal you set for yourself is going to be affordable or you might have to look into a lower goal that would meet your needs. Remember you're talking about taking a car that came from the factory making about 130whp and wanting to add 150whp more. You're not going to set land speed records, but thats a hell of a lot quicker than it was. Even if you make 230-240whp, you'll still have a car that would be fun as hell to drive on the street and would still keep most cars in check.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts