Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got my car aligned today, my car drives straight but my wheel is off centered probally gotta take it off and align it back straight. my passenger front tire looks fine but my driver side tire looks like the top has to go in.also the camber plates on the coilovers are adjusted differently, are they supposed to be the same ? btw i also have one camber bolt on each side.do these specs look right?
CAR: 01 civic k swap w/ five lug swap
SUSPENSION: rsx k sport full coilovers
i also used an rsx steering rack.

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
Corner weight will throw off the alignment, so if it was not corner balanced, or there was stuff in the rear on one side of the trunk, it will throw off the alignment. That being said, it may look like the wheels are off, but it is aligned.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the specs look fine then? weird the driver front tire looks so off,but i bid have stuff in the trunk. battery on passenger side ic piping,intercooler. guess i gotta take everything out and try again.

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
Look at Kommon Sense' build thread for a good way to get your corner balance close without scales.
Always have the car prepared as if you were taking it to the track prior to the alignment.
I can not see your spec sheet on my phone, so someone else will need to chime in on that.

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
Your camber adjustment looks half a$$ed!

1.3 on the left and -.2 on the right?

the LF it looks like it wasn't even adjusted? 1.3 postive before and after alignment

I liked the before on the right front before your alignment -1.5

Is this just a daily or do you hit the race track or auto x?

Was this a 4 wheel alignment? If so the rear toe is off should be close to 0

its even out of specs... .04 to .16 is spec and your LR is .61 and RR is .54

flipping crazy! now you can see some of it signal ahaha

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its my dd.i knew something was wrong. idk if it was a four wheel alignment. ****ing idiots i tell u!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it not my dd/weekend warrior yet but its gonna be and obviously i dont know what im reading.lol

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
LF camber is way out. also your caster should be about a half of degree lower on the left side to compensate for slope in the road

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
LEFT front camber is way out. Because the later style Civic's have minor camber adjustment via loosening the bolts, it maybe all it has in terms of adjustment.

It looks like they just adjusted the front toe and thats all.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had a similar experience with Wheel Works here in CA. Bottom line here is it's worth the OP's time to buy some toe plates and a camber level. I had a friend of mine fix a f-up like that in 15 minutes. How can a fool with a f'n alignment rack with f'n laser beams on it, f that up. BS, go get your money back.
Toe plates $62

Camber Level You would still have to buy the adapter.

It is really easy, unless you need corner weight, just do it yourself. Making a box is the hard part.

Christian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts