Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me if im wrong or right, but if you get an alignment & your camber corrected with stock rims and than you change them out for a 16x7.5 rim right after, will that change everything again?

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'm with Nikos. Camber is Camber and the size or style, or anything else of the wheels shouldn't change it. Think about it. If the angle of the hub is set at a certain degree then how can the wheel change it?

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Well I did some research on this... It seems that camber is only affected when the overall diameter of the rim changes, and even then it's SLIGHT. If your wheel diameter is about the same with both setups, there's no reason to be concerned.

A 14 and 17 inch wheel can have the same diameter... with the right tire...

·
Registered
792 Posts
Just for the sake of being a pain in the ass I thought camber was measured in degrees? If so then the overall diameter of the wheel/tire combo shouldn't make a difference should it?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nikos said:
Well I did some research on this... It seems that camber is only affected when the overall diameter of the rim changes, and even then it's SLIGHT. If your wheel diameter is about the same with both setups, there's no reason to be concerned.

A 14 and 17 inch wheel can have the same diameter... with the right tire...
so i guess im right in a way, cause im going from my stock type r rims to my RGs 16x7.5, but if its slight than it shouldnt be too bad i guess

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
NAturalDC2 said:
so i guess im right in a way, cause im going from my stock type r rims to my RGs 16x7.5, but if its slight than it shouldnt be too bad i guess
Yes it definetly does change. When you change your wheels and tires it changes the entire geometry of your suspesnion.

You have to keep the overall diameter of the tire as close as possible to avoid issues.

I used to have my car dropped about an inch and a half to two inchs and my camber was so bad on my OEm wheels that they could not get it back in to spec unless I bought a camber kit. When I picked up my new tires (16x7.5 Kosie K1's) and my new tires (215-45-16 Azenis), I took it back in to get an alighnment and see if I would still need the camber kit they said the car was almost spot on to the factory specs...

So it does play a large roll, but if you keep the OD of teh tire as close as possible and don't change ride height or anything else you should be OK...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts