Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was wondering if I could get some help on my problem. I have an EG with a K20A and I have AC all good and working - all new lines and the condensor is the same old one I had before. The weather is really hot now days and it just doesnt feel like the AC is pushing like it used to back in the days when I had the D16.

Is there some way to get better results from my AC? An upgrade if you will? Perhaps changing the condensor? Or a better fan on the condensor? Also, Im guessing all the filters and so forth could also do with a replacing cos Ive never done that either?

What can I do to increase the output strength (air blowing out) as well as how cold that air is?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
recharge the system...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hey guys,
I was wondering if I could get some help on my problem. I have an EG with a K20A and I have AC all good and working - all new lines and the condensor is the same old one I had before. The weather is really hot now days and it just doesnt feel like the AC is pushing like it used to back in the days when I had the D16.

Is there some way to get better results from my AC? An upgrade if you will? Perhaps changing the condensor? Or a better fan on the condensor? Also, Im guessing all the filters and so forth could also do with a replacing cos Ive never done that either?

What can I do to increase the output strength (air blowing out) as well as how cold that air is?
Where do you live??? Well, I've had the same issue with my setup. My hypothesis is that the condensor, like you're thinking, is too small or not effecient enough. When the system is charged it produces too much heat for the small condensor to disepate and then gets hot, thus raising the pressures. I plan on changing the condensor out with a larger generic one in the near future.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, thats what I though, but Im sure replacing my filters n stuff will help as well. Getting a new condensor isnt going to be an easy or cheap job.

jon v - recharge the system? what do you mean? There are no gas leaks and its a new install as it was done right after my k swap so the gas is 100%

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
I was just talking about the freon... But if you say its all new and good it must be something else. Maybe just something to check...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh wait, nevermind that last question :p

While Im on the topic. Whenever I have my AC on, my car doesnt idle properly. In gear, its pretty much fine, but at a traffic light for example when Im in neutral, the car bounces up and down from a couple of hundred rpm to 1k rpm. Ive even had the odd occassion when the rpm drop so low that the car dies.

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
Make sure that your AC fan is working properly. I had that problem in my EK and it was the Fan.. It would drive fine and blow cold when driving but at a light it starts to surge and it didnt blow cold anymore....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts