Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Air Con in K Swap

Hi All

Have an issue with air con in my EK hatch running a K20a swap.
Stock unopened k20a motor using Hondata Kpro and running the base map.

The air con is working fine, turns on, is nice and cold except for one issue when my engine is on idle or if I come to a stop.

Whilst the car is moving the air con works fine.
But when I come to a stop i.e. approaching a red light, the engine will either idle VERY low or even conk out.
It's like the idle kicker for when air con is on isn't working.

Any ideas or solutions are VERY much appreciated.

Also, I wasn't sure which section to put this thread in. Mods feel free to move.

Thanks guys

Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you tried to raise the value on the IACV, or even raise your actual idle rpm to 900? That is how it is on my EG and after the cars warms up fully it idles just fine coming to a stop or anywhere the car goes from driving to stopping, hopefully it helps and if not run through the A/C install again and just double check everything

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried to raise the value on the IACV, or even raise your actual idle rpm to 900? That is how it is on my EG and after the cars warms up fully it idles just fine coming to a stop or anywhere the car goes from driving to stopping, hopefully it helps and if not run through the A/C install again and just double check everything

Cheers for the reply.

- Raise the value on the IACV? You mean, on the actual IACV itself?

- Have slightly raised the actual idle rpm to just over a 1,000 via the Hondata Kpro. Which helped at first. But now it doesn't seem to be able to help at all
:(

- I'm really not sure what I would need to double check through the A/c install as all is working except for this really annoying idle/coming to a stop issue
:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes you raise the value on the IACV through Kpro, it's under parameters then go to idle and you can raise or lower the value under idle valve duty cycle adjustment. Also if that does help you can write the guys at Hybrid Racing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent. Will give that a shot.

As for hybrid racing. Would you or anyone viewing this, happen to know why there are extra wires for their A/c kit? And what their instructions are for their A/c kit?
Maybe I'm missing something regarding that too.
=(

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had the same problems as you this past Vegas summer. It started after we tuned for the Kelford 179a's. I raised the IACV and even brought the idle up to 1050 and on the hottest of days, it would still bog down and sometimes stall out. I noticed it would do it really bad when in neutral and braking to a stop. I had a fleeting notion that maybe it has some relationship to the vacuum system. Unfortunately, I never got to the bottom of it, because now the motor is out and I'm going with a k24/k20 build. Hopefully the problem doesn't come back with the new build. Let us know what you find out, I'm curious as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh, hello from the future. Such an old old thread. How much time has passed.
Dude, I hope you bought yourself another car and your A/C is OK, lol. It's interesting to know how is your life nowadays! So, I had a Honda, long time ago, everything in this car was breaking down from the pads to the air conditioner. So that freon was leaking out of it and A/C didn't work at all. I was constantly fixing it, and so much money was spent on repairs that I could buy a new car with three air conditioners. It is terrible to remember now how it was..
Now I have a Toyota Rav 4 and my air conditioning is fine. And the car, too. Other times came, more comfortable. However, there was one point that I had to contact the air conditioning repair service (if you are interested check the link Aircon Servicing, Cleaning & Repairing Singapore | SoCool Pte Ltd), but they quickly settled this problem with my A/C, so now everything is excellent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts