Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

We have a very limited quantity instock. This group of parts is from the FD2 JDM Civic TypeR.
The oil pump body is already made to fit around the block girdle, no modification required to fit a K24A/K20Z3 engine etc..
This can be added onto a K24A engine with the K20Z3 oil pan.

***This kit must be used with the RRC oil pan (not included) from the 2006-2011 Civic SI K20Z3.
***This oil pump will not work with the K24 steel oil pan

-RRC oil pump
-RRC oil chain tensioner
-baffle plate
-oil pump chain
-oil pump chain guide
-bolts for the oil pump
-bolts for the baffle plate
-bolt and washer to plug oil jet on the block
-Hondabond

http://afhkparts.com/shop/jdm/rrc-oil-pump-conversion-package/

***This kit must be used with the RRC oil pan (not included) from the 2006-2011 Civic SI K20Z3.
***This oil pump will not work with the K24 steel oil pan

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Re: RRC oil pump conversion

Yes those are correct, the dipstick isn't in the kit and is not required. But it is also instock and can be added. The package comes with everything pictured. Anyone can pm me for an order or grab one on the website with the dipstick

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

I had this posted to suit the USDM Si K20Z3.

Which oil pan is on the FN2? We don't have the luxury of having that car here. And that's one thing I have never looked up.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

I had this posted to suit the USDM Si K20Z3.

Which oil pan is on FN2?

Uses a K20Z4 pan: 11200-RSP-000

And DipStick: 15650-RSP-004

This is just so people have the info, I know on FN2 and CL7, you need the shorter dipstick, its easy for you guys to measure the K20Z3 one.

In my case I will be using a K24A2 Block, with a K20Z4 pan.... so I am lost for info on what stick to use. :blur:

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

So comparing the Z4 dipstick to the RRC one is fine, you are correct it is different. The oil pan is different on the RSP engine. That is what dictates the dipstick length not the pump, that is why it's shorter. The Z3 engine uses the RRC pan so if you have a USDM si the dipstick is the same length as the RRC dipstick. For any K24 engine you have to use a K24 dipstick unless you remark the fill level.
The oil pump has nothing to do with the dipstick length. It's the oil pan.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts

For a K24A1 block with K20A2 oil pump, what dipstick do you use?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

So comparing the Z4 dipstick to the RRC one is fine, you are correct it is different. The oil pan is different on the RSP engine. That is what dictates the dipstick length not the pump, that is why it's shorter. The Z3 engine uses the RRC pan so if you have a USDM si the dipstick is the same length as the RRC dipstick. For any K24 engine you have to use a K24 dipstick unless you remark the fill level.
The oil pump has nothing to do with the dipstick length. It's the oil pan.
But, on the K20Z4, the Z4 pan is still run with the RRC Pump, and the stick still needs to be swaped. Ending up with RSP Pan, RRC pump and RRC Stick.
The FD2 Runs a diferent pan, a RRC one and the RRC pump with RRC stick... So we have the same RRC Pump/stick on two diferent pans.

On the K24 case, running a RRC pump and a K20Z4 pan, the K24 dipstick wont work, as pans are diferent.... we should have to add the block deck weight difference to the RRC dipstick?!?

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

But, on the K20Z4, the Z4 pan is still run with the RRC Pump, and the stick still needs to be swaped. Ending up with RSP Pan, RRC pump and RRC Stick.
The FD2 Runs a diferent pan, a RRC one and the RRC pump with RRC stick... So we have the same RRC Pump/stick on two diferent pans.

On the K24 case, running a RRC pump and a K20Z4 pan, the K24 dipstick wont work, as pans are diferent.... we should have to add the block deck weight difference to the RRC dipstick?!?
I'm sorry but your making this more complicated than it needs to be. Ignore the oil pump in the matter of choosing the dipstick, focus on the oil pan if it's in a 2.0L block.

For a K24 just use a CRV dipstick.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

I'm sorry but your making this more complicated than it needs to be. Ignore the oil pump in the matter of choosing the dipstick, focus on the oil pan if it's in a 2.0L block.

For a K24 just use a CRV dipstick.

No worries, But TODA Racing does recomend this for the FN2 and CL7, its actualy included in their Kit. Leaving at least 2 diferent pans with the same Pump/stick set-up.

Now let s get these sold as they are a awesome piece for a great price!!

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

No worries, But TODA Racing does recomend this for the FN2 and CL7, its actualy included in their Kit. Leaving at least 2 diferent pans with the same Pump/stick set-up.

Now let s get these sold as they are a awesome piece for a great price!!
Recommend what? I'm sorry for not being thorough. I intended this to be marketed to the USDM Si crowd. The dipstick isn't even in the equation for a reason. It's just for looks at that point. RRC oil pans also instock if that is needed.
I only have 2 pumps left and no eta on more yet. First come first served, the others are already sold and shipped.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts

Recommend what? I'm sorry for not being thorough. I intended this to be marketed to the USDM Si crowd. The dipstick isn't even in the equation for a reason. It's just for looks at that point.
No kidding right... I was going cross-eyed reading all of that. Thanks for summing it up.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.