Registered
393 Posts
Re: DC5 ITR 4th & 5th gears

it is a double cone synchro

·
Registered
393 Posts

triple cone does not fit dc5r 5th and 6th only double cone. triple cone is only on 1 and 2. the cone is not the tabs on the steel ring it is the breaking surface. no triple cone 5 and 6 unless you have custom gears made for it. 01-04 dc5r used double cones 5 6 and 05-07 used single cone. no triple. the synchro is the same one that is on 3 and 4. triple cone synchro will not fit dc5r 5 6 or any honda 5 and 6 that i know of. if you have an extra synchro from 3 or 4 you can use that on for 5th and no problems.

·
Registered
68 Posts

triple cone does not fit dc5r 5th and 6th only double cone. triple cone is only on 1 and 2. the cone is not the tabs on the steel ring it is the breaking surface. no triple cone 5 and 6 unless you have custom gears made for it. 01-04 dc5r used double cones 5 6 and 05-07 used single cone. no triple. the synchro is the same one that is on 3 and 4. triple cone synchro will not fit dc5r 5 6 or any honda 5 and 6 that i know of. if you have an extra synchro from 3 or 4 you can use that on for 5th and no problems.
LOL dude they are triple only 05 up ITR is single cone

·
Registered
393 Posts

i got the gears and synchros right in-front of me i have three trans pulled apart. double and triple cone synchros look similar but there is no breaking surface on the gear for double cone. the breaking surface is on both sides of the steel ring. in a triple cone you got the steel ring and the gear breaking surface. in a single no ring and only gear breaking surface. the gear determines the type of synchro needed. pnt-000 main 5 6 take double cone synchros. pnt-010 take single. AFH sells pnt -000 which takes double i have a full set and the synchros to match them. if somebody can successfully mount a triple cone synchro to a dc5r 5 pnt-000 gear then post the detail pics of the gear and all parts of the synchro that was used.

·
Registered
30 Posts

I have 02 type s tranny with synchrotech 1-6 carbon synchros, if putting dc5 itr 4,5 gear do i need different synchros? Itr 4,5 synchros same as 02 type s? If same i need to order both asap

·
Registered
393 Posts

the same ones you will be all set. how are the carbon synchros treating you.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Thank you! Not much of an expert on product review, but with tranny rebuilt no more 2,3 gear pop out, everything shifts like how it should shift.

·
Registered
393 Posts

how long have you had them

·
Registered
30 Posts

I had my tranny rebuilt about 3 months ago, but rod knock on k20a2 in ths shop getting k24a2/k20a2 build, since tranny will be out, wanted to add 4,5 new gears, i had2,3,6 gear all replaced along with carbon synchros

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.