Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a AEM 30-0300X UEGO and it is not working correctly. The afr reading barley moves on Kpro, even if I rev. The AEM gauge moves like normal. Changing offset does change the afr on kpro, but still barley moves.

I selected PLX M Series. Soldered the white wire on the gauge to the ELD wire on the harness. I only extended the power wire a few inches. Ground to the body.

·
Registered
293 Posts
why don‘t you use the digital output? You need a Kpro v4 though.
Have you configured your ECU correctly to read using the analog ELD input?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why don‘t you use the digital output? You need a Kpro v4 though.
Have you configured your ECU correctly to read using the analog ELD input?
I’m new to kpro (only used flash pro in the past). How do I set up the digital output?
I do have kpro v4.
This is how I have it set up currently (22:35-23:50 mark In the video)

·
Registered
293 Posts
sorry, only read PLX. If you get the PLX module with a directly supported digital output.

This works a treat on a KPro V4. Friend has one I setted up. Connect single digital line, select and go. Zero calibration or offset work.

For the AEM one seems to have to do some signal conversion, i.e. convert from a +-12V RS232 to a inverted 0-5V TTL signal.

For you problem, I could only guide you though fixing this.
Have you checked the voltage of the analog output?
Does the raw ELD voltage read the same?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up using the analog inputs for signal and ground. Works perfectly now(y)

·
Registered
293 Posts
there is little to see. connect serial output (through PLX 3.5mm plug) to DI0 of Hondata board.
Select PLX from config menu for wideband with DI0 as input.
Done.

To do a RS232 to inverted TTL signal for the AEM, you would have to build a little circuit incl. power supply.
It takes only two chips (74 series inverter and RS232 conversion chip) and two capacitors, but still involves soldering wires, and sockets on a generic PCB plus packaging it suitable for automotive use.
For a non-tech person this is out of reach most of the time unfortunately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts