Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traveled to CA to get factory trained for the new Infinity system and purchased everything i need to switch my personal car over. I bought an extra one to sell while i was there to help recoup the trip costs.

Price is 1299 shipped in the usa. (1433 msrp)
can ship international no problem for an added cost ( have many international vouches)

if you have any questions regarding what else you need besides this unit for your car feel free to PM me.

paypal address and email is [email protected]

picture of the seal

pic of mine and accessories opened up

link to the product description
http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=products/programmable-engine-management-systems/infinity-ecu/infinity-6-8h

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
few questions...

what would it cost to get harness done ?
other than harness what else is needed to get it going ?
Any special sensors ?
if for a k series they offer a full plug and play jumper harness. 277 retail iirc. for b series as well. if for another car they dont offer a jumper for they sell do it yourself harness kits.

you need an o2 harness for 92 retail.

The o2 sensor now just plugs directly into the ecu and that is it. its a beautiful thing lol. the infinity also powers all the sensors and things you will run to it. this is separate because some cars have the sensor they use already and the jumper harness connects to this. hondas do not.

my personal setup consists of this,

infinity 8h
o2 harness
K series jumper harness
2 150 psi pressure sensors (1 for oil pressure 1 for fuel pressure).
Aem bosch wideband sensor.

fuel pressure is big the infinity uses your injector data and fuel pressure to make compensations if the fuel pressure is present. so if it drops it adds the correct amount of fuel instantly. its badass to say the least.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any cause, which I can't see at the moment, to use a 8 fuel-injector controller system for a 4 cylinder engine? Better price compared to Infinity 6 (= for up to 4 fuel injectors)? Dual fuel line application?

I appreciate your answer.
here was my thought process on the 6 vs the 8

1. for me i will not use the extra 2 inputs of the 6
2. if i ever go turbo i will use 8 injectors
3. no one uses low impedance injectors anymore
4. if i ever sell it most likely someone will have the same 1,2 and 3 as me.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,684 Posts
here was my thought process on the 6 vs the 8

1. for me i will not use the extra 2 inputs of the 6
2. if i ever go turbo i will use 8 injectors
3. no one uses low impedance injectors anymore
4. if i ever sell it most likely someone will have the same 1,2 and 3 as me.
Thanks for your reflections.

May for some high flow fuel applications, like ethanol, methanol, or for general with very low air demand fuels*, low impedance (or so called "peak and hold"-injectors) make sense, as they have a very short injector offset (e.g. time from signal "open" to full actuated pintle, which is lowest 50 % of a high impedance injector). This makes it much more easy to tune for low rpm and low load. Injector heating isn't that problem with these fuels, as they have a much more higher vaporization energy. Aren't such fuels, and for those I would highly appreciate a stand alone controller for better wall film (= transient tuning), are of interest for the US drag racers, which are class limtied to 4 cylinders?

This is what I had in mind, among other stuff, with my question. Anyway, I clearly see your points :D

*don't know a better word for it, "low air demand fuels" should describe the demanded mass of air in e.g. kg over 1 kg fuel, which is necessary to combuste it stoichiometric.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,684 Posts
... Aren't such fuels...of interest for the US drag racers, which are class limtied to 4 cylinders?
Aren't there different fuel classes?

...don't know a better word for it, "low air demand fuels" should describe the demanded mass of air in e.g. kg over 1 kg fuel, which is necessary to combuste it stoichiometric.
term you are looking for is low energy fuel. requires more fuel to combust at stoich.
Thanks, a good term :D...another one would be "low stoichoimetric air fuel ratio"

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
m5 and ftw black are methanol based fuels that make more than anything short of nitro.

not allowed the class i race my car in. the tube chassis 8 sec all motor cars run this. but i will be running ftw black this year at local races that dont have fuel limitations. we have ran m5 in lots of cars.

at fuel tested events we run FTW red. its gasoline based with a crapload of MTBE.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts